We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Disaster - help!?

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon Disaster - help!?

Can anyone help us. We had booked the first week of our honeymoon at the BodyHoliday Le Sport, this was done over 6 months ago and we really benefited from very good deal and have been so excited since. Our honeymoon is in August. We now find that BodyHoliday is being closed from July to September. To cut a long story short we are very upset and I almost want to cancel our honeymoon.

Body Holiday have offered us a week, all inclusive at Rendezvous for same price, as it is their sister hotel. We had specifically decided to go with Body Holiday as we read some reviews of Rendezvous having an airport nearby and been a buffet all inclusive (whereas we wanted a la Carte with good quality wines) so we know feel like we are being offered second best hotel plus still paying the BodyHoliday price whereas I thought Rendezvous was a cheaper hotel?

Alternatively our agent is offering us Marigot Bay Hotel for an extra £600 or Jalouise Plantation for £2,500 extra.

We do not know what to do - we are already spending over £7,500 on honeymoon (second week at Hermintage Bay in Antigua). We can't really afford £2,500 extra for Jalousie which leave us with £600 for Marigot but we know nothing about this hotel, or same price as originally paid, but for a hotel we originally didn't want to go to - Rendezvous. Any views on any of these 3 hotels and what we should do would be greatly appreciated. Like I say we are really disappointed in BodyHoliday but no compenstation other than a refund or week at Rendezvous is available.

Thanks

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Disaster - help!?

sorry to hear of your predicament. Before deciding to go elsewhere, you may want to read more reviews of Rendezvous. I have not stayed there but I have read that the food is very good and buffet changes daily. It is a very nice setting - yes it is close to the GF Charles Airport but it is not very busy.

To be perfectly honest I think you should find a new agent - there are a lot of accomodations available in the price range of Body Holiday so for him or her to only offer 2 alternatives is ridiculous.

If you reply with your requirements for your stay, including your budget for accomodations, I'm pretty sure the people here would be able to help you find something else that is suitable.

Myrtle beach,SC
Level Contributor
39 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Disaster - help!?

Sandals?

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,420 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Disaster - help!?

Rendezvous is a lovely property. I have visited but not stayed there. I don't think you would be disappointed. If you are looking for something else I would have suggested Jalousie. Sandals would probably be the other option.

Vieux Fort, St...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Disaster - help!?

Sorry to hear that your accommodation in not available, but stay calm. September is quiet season here, and you can certainly get good accommodation at reasonable prices then. Rendezvous is actually very nice, small and intimate and noise from planes if not much of a problem as most of them are only 20 seaters and flights out of that airport are perhaps two an hour.

Be hard and refuse to transfer because your future wife is so upset....see if they give you Jalousie...

Surrey
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon Disaster - help!?

Thank you all very much for your advice - we can't change the dates we are going so we fly on 9 August to St Lucia and have to leave for Antigua on 16 August.

We haven't bee offered Sandles but even if we have it's not are sort of hotel unfortunately. Therefore as we can't afford £2,500 for Jalouise and I know nothing about Marigot Bay we might just have to go to Rendezvous. I'm so disappointed as we really didn't want to stay at Rendezvous but it looks like our only option.

But thank you all for your comments - and if anyone else know about Marigot Bay I've appreciate any comments.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
300 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon Disaster - help!?

If you do go to Rendezvous please dont go thinking you are getting 2nd best.....you really are not. We are regular visitors to Rendezvous and it is a very relaxed beautiful resort. I also think you will find that the all inclusve wine would be the same at both properties and there are always better quality ones you can buy off the wine list if you want some thing special. If it helps, my parents were staunch Le Sport goers until we persauded them to join us at Rendezvous and now they would never go back to Le Sport! If you would like to ask me anthing regarding Rendezvous, please contact me.

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon Disaster - help!?

Am I right in assuming that St Lucia & Antigua are all on the same booking?

Could you not get a refund on the St Lucia accommodation which would allow you to book direct with a resort of your choice, not the agents. If you don't like dealing direct then most online agents will offer accommodation without flights. I'm off to Calabash Cove on the 12th Apr and I booked our flights direct with the airline and the accommodation and transfers where handled by tropicalbreeze.com.

That said, I'm sure that you'll still have a wonderful experience at Rendezvous, and I certainly wouldn't let it spoil your wedding which is the important bit.

Steve

leeds
Level Contributor
364 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon Disaster - help!?

What about the Royal by Rex Resorts, should be in your price range , recently refurbished and right on the best beach in St Lucia ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon Disaster - help!?

Beccy I really hope this doesn't spoil your wedding and honeymoon. We were at the Rendezvous over Christmas with our son and his girlfriend who are in their late 20's; they went to Le Sport for the day and whilst they enjoyed their day there they both said they were pleased to be coming back to the Rendezvous. We all loved it there.

surrey
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon Disaster - help!?

Beccy - why don't you contact the Jalousie direct - they have a linger longer deal on until July which gives you one free night in 7 and also includes breakfast and dinner. No buffets here even at breakfast! The SugarMill rooms are the cheapest category there but they are very nice - I saw them before they were completely finished but I think that even they are much nicer than most other more expensive hotel rooms. Read this report from someone who has just returned -

tripadvisor.co.uk/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Then if you can get a decently priced deal from The Jalousie direct ask your travel agent to take that part of your booking out and just charge you the flight/Antigua element. You are after all the innocent party in all this and it is up to the travel agent to sort it out to your satisfaction - otherwise why book through a TA?