We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Grande St Lucian

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
273 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Grande St Lucian

Has anyone got any feedback on the sandals Grande St Lucian?

I have just booked for my wedding and honeymoon, and have read numerous bad feedback about their weddings.

Has anyone got any good feedback about the hotel and the weddings?

Any Information will be recieved greatly.

Tet Paul Stairway Tour in St Lucia
21 reviews
from US$55.00*
Special Offer
St Lucia Shore Excursion: Island Day...
23 reviews
from US$103.50*
US$115.00
St Lucia Catamaran Day Sail
103 reviews
from US$122.99*
Martinique Day Trip from St Lucia
5 reviews
from US$203.99*
Framingham...
Level Contributor
209 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Grande St Lucian

Take my opinion for what its worth. Everybodys likes and dislikes will vary always.

we spent about $2700 for our honeymoon at the Grande St.Lucian. in November of 2003. The weather was great the people at the resort were great. If you're the kind of person that likes to sit on the beach or by the pool with a drink in your hand you'll love it. My wife and I are young (28,29), and we are active people. They advertise lots of activities at night in the Resort bar/night club. We didn't see much of anything worth watching or participating in. They had a singer one night and Karaoke another. The Karaoke was funny but short lived. We did venture out to other Sandals for dinner and the food was good. As for the buffet they offer at breakfast, not that good!! I found the food at the nicer restaurants to be quite good but most don't open until evening. And who wants to spend time riding those shuttles from resort to resort when your vacation??

I can't speak for the weddings because we didn't get married at the resort. We did see a few weddings on the beach and they looked very simple. Hope this helps. I wish I knew then what I know now.

Its not too late to back out and head to Key West Florida and tie the knot? We wish we had.

Good Luck!

Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
395 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Grande St Lucian

ballykiss - I keep writing to you, but you keep missing it for whatever reason. And it's good feedback. There is one I posted "FOR BALLYKISS" just the other day.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Grande St Lucian

If you want a "perfect" hotel/resort stay in the states.

The sanlals resort is old, built in the 70's. They have upgraded but the rooms are the last to get overhauled. This did not matter to us last week, we only sleep in the rooms.

The islands beauty will make up for any resorts need for some work. I have been home for 4 days now and look at my pictures each night.

We did meet two couples who were very happy with the weddings, sorry for no details.

I just posted a new review. email me jscrobel@wi.rr.com with questions.

Jeff

Cape Cod, MA
Level Contributor
107 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Grande St Lucian

We LOVED Sandals Grande.. It was our 6th Sandals.. I wrote a very long review..

If under search type in Sandals Grande St.Lucia. The review was written on Feb. 11th. Everything from arrival, rooms, food, drinks, staff, & yes, the price of laundry services...

If you have a chance check it out. I also included our email address if you have any questions.

We did get married in Negril. (sorry can't give you feed back about this resort) but I can tell you that Sandals makes it completely STRESS FREE!! An hour before the ceremony we were at the swim up bar asking each other.."think we have time for another?"

Congrats & Enjoy!