We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about Sandals La Toc

canada
Level Contributor
274 posts
Save Topic
Questions about Sandals La Toc

We are heading to Sandals La Toc in a week. I was wondering if anyone knows if they have a martini bar or something similar? Other sandals we've visitied have had martinie or piano bars so I'm curious if they have one at La Toc. Also, does anyone know if they offer any yoga or pilates classes at La Toc (either included or at an extra cost)?

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,467 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about Sandals La Toc

There is a piano bar and last time I was there you could get a martini. Don't do yoga or pilates so don't know if they offer classes but I bet they do but they would be extra.

canada
Level Contributor
274 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about Sandals La Toc

Thanks. Do you also know if there is a coffee / dessert shop where you can get specialty coffees and desserts in the evening?

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,467 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about Sandals La Toc

There is no coffee/dessert shop. There is Josephine's at the Grande which is open 11 am to 7 pm that offers both.

NJ
Level Contributor
260 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about Sandals La Toc

While at the Grand several years ago we meet a couple who was staying at La Toc and they hated it compared to the Grans; in fact they took the shuttle everyday from La Toc to the Grand. we went with them one night for dinner at La Toc and I agreed with them, it was not even close to the Grand.

You may want to reconcider depending on what other properties you have been to.

We have been to Whitehouse twice, Antigua, Ocho Rios, and Grad St. Lucia.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,334 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions about Sandals La Toc

Mrichman333 - not sure what your post had to do with the OPs question.

Lots and lots of people love La Toc and return year after year, etc. Based on the experience several years ago of a couple you met on vacation that they did not like La Toc does not seem quite enough to tell the Op they should change their entire vacation plan less than a week out of departure. Also - contributed nothing to their actual question - is there a Martini bar or piano bar.

Thanks for your opinion though. I am sure La Toc is not for you.

Op - nevera pretty much covered it - there is not a dedicated Martini Bar, but you can get martinis at pretty much every bar. And yes, there is a piano bar - it's not dueling pianos or that style though.

Enjoy your vacation, contrary to above, the vast majority of people who visit La Toc love it and have a great time. I am sure you will also!!! Do take the time to visit the other Sandals though - they all have very different atmospheres. Again, enjoy.

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,467 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions about Sandals La Toc

I've been to Sandals La Toc twice and I had a great time both times. I love the large size of the property, the Bluffs pool, the golf course and the tennis courts as well as the beach. I have also stayed at the Grande and it's very nice as well. However, Josephine's at the Grande is great and if the Grande still offer the seafood buffet that's great, too. I think they may have done away with it since they have street parties at both resorts which are new since last time I was at Sandals.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,160 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Questions about Sandals La Toc

You have probably left for your trip already, but I recommend you go to Cricketers some night. We absolutely loved it there! Bartenders are great!

They do have a piano bar, but did not hold too many people, and was not as popular as the piano bars in SGR.

If you don't get a chance to try Josephine's, I was very disappointed when we went to it, so don't worry about it.

I would definitely visit all 3, but La Toc was our favorite, and I would stay there again if we go back!

Bradford West...
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Questions about Sandals La Toc

Anyone know what types of seafood is served there?

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,334 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Questions about Sandals La Toc

Brandon D - as I see you have been asking this on every post about Sandals (or so it seems!!) let me try to answer as best I can, as others have answered on the various different posts, but perhaps you didn't see them.

Types of seafood will vary day to day and restaurant to restaurant. There will usually be several local options throughout your stay, including kingfish and tuna. Lobster season has closed in St. Lucia on March 1, so the only lobster that may be available will have been frozen imported lobster. Shellfish (mussels, etc) are all imported also. You may or may not see crab back, which would be made from local crabs, otherwise, any crab is imported. Tilapia, catfish, butter fish, salmon, etc - all options available at different restaurants, all delicious and all imported. They are all prepared in a variety of ways - fried, grilled, steamed, etc with different sauces: garlic butter, creole, etc. And all delicious. You will have plenty of choices - but they do vary depending on supply. Enjoy your visit.

10. Re: Questions about Sandals La Toc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2014, 05:15