We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Flights from Newark, NJ or NYC to St. Lucia

Wayne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
38 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Best Flights from Newark, NJ or NYC to St. Lucia

Want to visit St. Lucia for a week in Apr. Would like to fly non-stop to St. Lucia but I can't seem to find any flights from NY area. Any suggestions?

Newark, Delaware
Level Contributor
565 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Flights from Newark, NJ or NYC to St. Lucia

JFK Jet Blue is the only option

Succasunna, NJ
Level Contributor
350 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Flights from Newark, NJ or NYC to St. Lucia

Is this true any time of year or only in the Spring? Would summer months open up?

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,354 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Flights from Newark, NJ or NYC to St. Lucia

JetBlue is the only airline direct from New York area. Their schedules are only available 6 months out on their website - your travel time may not be available yet. Other options include AA through Miami or Delta through Atlanta - or perhaps US Airways from Philly. That flight is only once a week though - and not sure how long it will continue.

Good luck and keep shooping around.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
258 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Flights from Newark, NJ or NYC to St. Lucia

we're going to St. Lucia in April, already booked our air on Jet Blue. We flew them in December 2011, great flight from New York.

new york
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Flights from Newark, NJ or NYC to St. Lucia

We are flying out of JFK with Caribbean Airlines And landing in the airport in the Castries which will cut out the long drive from the other airport to our resort sandals la Toc

new york
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Flights from Newark, NJ or NYC to St. Lucia

We are flying out of JFK with Caribbean Airlines And landing in the airport in the Castries which will cut out the long drive from the other airport to our resort sandals la Toc

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,354 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Flights from Newark, NJ or NYC to St. Lucia

Keep in mind, deeannjohn, Caribbean Airlines is not a non-stop/direct flight to St. Lucia - you fly through Trinidad - way south of St. Lucia. Adds a whole lot of time to you travel day - much more than the 1.15 hours driving up to La Toc. And some of their flights are in conjunction with LIAT - not the most reliable of airlines between the islands. Hope you saved some good $$$ on that flight!

@lizg718 - JetBlue is your only direct/non-stop option out of JFK area. US Airways once a week out of Philly is a secondary choice (if it is stilll operating in your time frame) CA can save a little $$$ sometimes, but is not non-stop, it transits through Trinidad.

good luck and keep shopping around.

new york
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Flights from Newark, NJ or NYC to St. Lucia

Reedprincess-Yes I know it stops in Trinidad, i checked with the other airlines and it seems to be the about same travel time And about the same price for business-class and first-class fares-We have not booked it yet And are still figuring out our options ...Thank you for the info-

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,354 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Flights from Newark, NJ or NYC to St. Lucia

JetBlue is about 5 hours - 8:30-1:15 or so - have flown it several times and my friend flies that route every 2 months.

The shortest Caribbean Airlines route takes about 8.5 hours (if I am doing my math right) and the rest are over 12 hours.

For a week trip in April (random dates just to check it out) JetBlue came out $200US cheaper for 2 for Sunday to Sunday travel. Looked at April 14-21. JetBlue came out to $1288 for 2 and Caribbean Air came out at $1484 for 2 - both in econ as that is all JetBlue has. Seems like an easy choice to me - especially considering travel times!

Either way - good luck and shop around, you never know.

new york
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Flights from Newark, NJ or NYC to St. Lucia

I just checked out JetBlue - it seems like a great option! We've never flown JetBlue mainly because there is no biz or 1st class options..how is the service on JB? Do they serve drinks etc? Wine?