We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise Ship Tour

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
100 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise Ship Tour

Hello,

I'm going to be on a cruise, stopping in St Lucia for the day.

Is there anywhere walking distance of the port or is it best to book a tour?

I was looking at the land & sea tour which goes to Morne Fortune,Soufriere,Pitons,Sulphur Springs,Botanical Gardens then a coastal cruise stopping at Anse Cochon & Marigot Bay.

There was another one I am looking at, which is a catamaran trip covering Soufriere Bay, Pitons, Anse Cochon and Marigot Bay.

Would anyone recommend either of these tours?

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise Ship Tour

Hi

The only place in walking distance from where you will be moored will be Castries itself and the local market with a few memorable buildings.

The tours you mention are both good, I would favour the land and sea tour having done both tours in my opinion the land and sea tour would offer you a better cross section of what St Lucia is all about.

Happy days

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,696 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise Ship Tour

I would highly recommend the land/sea tour combo - you get the best of both worlds. There is lots to see on the land portion down the coast, including a few quick stops in Castries, photo op of Marigot Bay, banana plantation, land views of the Pitons, etc. The volcano and waterfalls are interesting and then on to the beach for a short swimming time and sea tour back up the coast, with the bat cave, Pitons from the sea (stunning), the coastline, which is beautiful, a sail into Marigot and by the Lady Slipper arch and back to port. It's a great, signature tour of St. Lucia. That would be my first choice, by far.

Enjoy your visit!

London
Level Contributor
100 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise Ship Tour

That's great! Thanks very much for your replies

Hansville...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise Ship Tour

I just called Serenity Tours and all of their land and sea tours are 'on hold' indefinitely.

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise Ship Tour

Oh what a shame, maybe there is some other organisation that can do a Land and Sea, alternatively you could book a taxi tour. Seeing St Lucia by land and sea is a really good combination. All the hard work is on the land part and then you can just relax on the sea part. I hope you find something...

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,696 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruise Ship Tour

Spencer Ambrose offers a land/sea tour that is virtually identical to Serenity's and Spencer works almost exclusively with cruise guests - so will know ship times, etc. He is highly rated for his tours also, both here and CruiseCritic (sister site of TA).

Perhaps check him?

7. Re: Cruise Ship Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2013, 10:17