We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Body Holiday - Room categories?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
370 posts
148 reviews
Save Topic
Body Holiday - Room categories?

There seem to be so many categories. My tour operator offers Luxury - partial view or Deluxe oceanfront (i believe it would be in a 2 storey building) and the most expensive in our package options. From reading reviews, I would have liked a room on the 3rd or 4th floor so it doesn't t sound like I would be in that building? No mention about buikding type in the Luxury room option. Can anyone clarify or suggest which would be my best choice? I would like some views of the ocean, if at all possible. Thanks!

Cosol Tours
Sightseeing Tours
JJ Speed Boat Tour
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Speed Boats Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,825 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Body Holiday - Room categories?

Luxury room categories are in the 4 storey buildings set up the hill a bit from the beach - there are a fair amount of steps involved in getting down to beach and pools and restaurants, along with then back up to the spa. You would have anything from the barest peak of the sea to some fairly great views.

The deluxe oceanfront are in 2 story buildings set right back from the water, full ocean views and you can hear the sea lap the shoreline n your room, very few steps involved with getting around.

Depends on budget, how important views are to you, how many steps you want to get around, etc. I am sure you would be happy in any of them. If being in a 4 story building is important to you (and it kind of sounds like it) then save a few $$ and go for the luxury room category. The descriptions on the BH website are pretty accurate.

Enjoy your visit.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
370 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Body Holiday - Room categories?

Thanks! That really helps. I guess the ocean noise is not problematic at night, especially if air conditioner is on. If I was in the 4 storey building, I'd probably want to be guaranteed a 3rd or 4th floor for hopefully better "partial" views. One other question: Are both buildings or the same age/renovatation? That might make a difference in my decision. Note: I was also considering Sugar Beach (Sugar Mill - Luxury room) but if my "quote" is correct, for a 7 day stay (no meals) vs. a 7 day (ocean front), Body Holiday (ocean front deluxe) was only about $800 more (and that all inclusive). As much as I would have like Sugar Beach, closer to the airport, it just doesn't seem to make much financial sense when I can stay at a 5 star Body Holiday resort, with plenty of activities, for 10 days and $1000 more than a 7day stay (with no meals) at Sugar Beach! Wish I could have split my trip but the packages won't allow me to do it that way. Thanks!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
370 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Body Holiday - Room categories?

Can anyone comment on whether renovations/decor upgrades have been done more recently to the 4 story building (e.g. premium ocean view room) vs. the 2 story ocean front building (deluxe ocean front) or would they be both fairly refurbished around the same time?. Thanks!

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,825 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Body Holiday - Room categories?

The entire resort underwent a $20+ million rennovation and update last summer. Rooms received new soft furnishings, shower head updates, etc. The rest of the resort got new restaurants, updated decor, pool and decking updates, etc. It looks amazing and the room updates are quite welcome. I am sure you would be happy with either one. Never heard any comment about the A/C drowning out the ocean sounds being a good thing! If you don't want to hear the ocean, then go for the luxury rooms. Usually, people want to hear the ocean!!

Enjoy.

Edited: 20 November 2012, 02:57
surrey
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Body Holiday - Room categories?

Agree - love to hear the sound of the ocean. I also like the air con on at night but sitting on the balcony/terrace listening to the ocean is one of those things I would never tire of.

Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Body Holiday - Room categories?

Hi there

Your best options for a view of the ocean at a decent price would be either a Luxury Ocean View room on the 2nd or 3rd floor or a Premier Ocean View room on the 4th Floor. There are lifts, so no bother with stairs.

Email me directly for more assistance if you wish.

Kind regards

Mark Frances

mark@thebodyholiday.com

Edited: 20 November 2012, 12:20
London
Level Contributor
410 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Body Holiday - Room categories?

It's not the a/c noise or lapping ocean waves you need to worry about, it's the loud tree frogs!

8. Re: Body Holiday - Room categories?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 16:17