We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helicopter ride to hotel

Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Topic
Helicopter ride to hotel

We would like to do the helicopter ride but are only going to take it one way,What best to the hotel from airport or to the airport from hotel.?

Tet Paul Stairway Tour in St Lucia
20 reviews
from US$55.00*
Special Offer
St Lucia Shore Excursion: Island Day...
23 reviews
from US$103.50*
US$115.00
Martinique Day Trip from St Lucia
4 reviews
from US$203.99*
St Lucia Catamaran Day Sail
103 reviews
from US$122.99*
Toronto
Level Contributor
5,157 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helicopter ride to hotel

Technically it is airport to airport, but as you put it, I would pick the airport to hotel but try to be as quick as possible getting through immigration and customs - the helicopter is first come first served. Have you considered taking a helicopter tour rather than just a the transfer? It costs a little more but is a better value for the money and you're in the air much longer.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,023 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helicopter ride to hotel

It somewhat depends on where you are staing (I am guessing up north, but the property/are would help with the suggestion)

Either way is great. Same route and sites each way, luggage still travels separatelt, at least 2 hours behind you. So - would your rather wait for your luggage at the hotel, sipping a cocktail, etc or send it ahead of you by a few hours and meet it at the airport?

Either way, unless you are at Sandals, the easiest way to or from the helicopter shuttle is a taxi. Readily available from the airport or to the airport.

I would second skipping the shuttle ride and instead, take the actual island tour - 20-30 minute full island tour and very little more than the shuttle transfer. Just a thought.

Enjoy your visit!

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
66 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helicopter ride to hotel

we always take the airport to hotel helicopter and take the shuttle from sandals to the airport. We find the helicopter is much better on the way there, we don't mind the shuttle on the way back.. I personally feel better going to the airport with my stuff than hoping it meets me later.

West Sussex
Level Contributor
65 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helicopter ride to hotel

Can I just ask how long you have to wait for the helicopter if you have booked it in advance? There are several recent comments that you often have to wait a while if there is a queue as it's first come first served, even if you have pre booked?

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,157 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Helicopter ride to hotel

yes even if you pre-book, which is preferable it is first-come, first-served. Some flights see many passengers booking the helicopter shuttle which means multiple flights. I have read of people waiting for over an hour. If you decide to book, help yourself out by selecting seats on your incoming flight that are positioned nearest the exits. Upon landing both front and rear exits are used. Immigration and customs are usually pretty quick, but you definitely want to be some of the first people off the plane.

Edited: 11 January 2013, 13:42
Co.Durham
Level Contributor
88 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Helicopter ride to hotel

I would reccomend it, but it is first come first served. Be patient though n sit in The Sandals lounge with a rum punch and enjoy the expirience.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,023 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Helicopter ride to hotel

lol- Stoney_7 - that presumes everyone using the helicopter shuttle is going to one of the Sandals! Not everyone taking the helicopter is staying at Sandals, some locals who live in the north use the transfer, and there are many other resorts and hotels too....

8. Re: Helicopter ride to hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2014, 07:16