We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timeshare presentations in WindJammers Landing

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
55 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Timeshare presentations in WindJammers Landing

Has anyone been to one of these presentations at Windjammers? I have heard that they are about 1 hour in length and you get a $100 voucher for your trouble. Seems a bit short to me. We are definately interested , but don't want to have the Hard Sell for 2-3 hours!!

Cheers

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,423 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timeshare presentations in WindJammers Landing

I am an owner there. When I went on the presentation it was 1.5 hours but a lot of that was visiting various villas and sites where they were building the new villas. An hour may be a bit unrealistic if you are looking at several different villa types.

We bought a while ago but didn't get a hard sell as such. In fact we didn't buy at that time but purchased the following year when we saw the actual villa rather than off plan. We got a free day sail for attending the presentation so things have changed. Good luck!

Edited: 19 February 2013, 17:39
Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
55 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Timeshare presentations in WindJammers Landing

Many thanks for the reply. I think we will give it a go, as we're seriously looking for something on this island.

Cheers

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,423 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Timeshare presentations in WindJammers Landing

Keep your options open and do some research before you go. Look at the following:-

Timeshare Users Group

Red Week.com

Wpra(Windjammer Private Residents Association) etc

These will tell you a lot about buying into timeshare and also gives you an idea of current values on the resale market. When we purchased off Windjammer we divided the price by 10 including 10 years worth of maintenance charges to work out when we would break-even against what we would pay for the equivalent in rental charges plus what we would get resale. We have had a good time so far but is is a very expensive decision to make. I am just saying this because the market has changed a bit since we bought. Windjammer are expanding so you will have some nice options but it helps to do some homework before you go!! Have fun. I live in the uk and am very happy to answer questions in a broader sense from an owners point of view. Enjoy your holiday...

Level Contributor
289 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Timeshare presentations in WindJammers Landing

ONLY buy re-sale, Only after doing your homework on TUG and save thousands of dollars:)

Level Contributor
289 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Timeshare presentations in WindJammers Landing

I know of someone who just bought a 2 bedroom resale for $4000. A very good price. I paid half that in 2009. It took a lot of hunting through Google and some lesser known timeshare companys.

There are tons of timeshares available for $1 on Tug. Plenty of people desperate to get out. A lot in Florida. Windjammer is a timeshare you can count on holding value but like a car, as soon as purchased, depreciates a lot..

Also consider renting timeshares. Years ago we never thought we'd tire of St. Lucia but there are so many other amazing places to go as well.

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,423 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Timeshare presentations in WindJammers Landing

All the above is true. There are some really good prices to be had at the moment. Just factor in the maintenance charge too over a period of five years and then assume you will get half the capital back at that point if you sell. You may do better than that. We purchased not knowing about resale and also at a fairly prosperous time. Now is a rather different situation and there are deals to be had. Good luck and happy hunting!

7. Re: Timeshare presentations in WindJammers Landing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 06:17