We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tipping

Buffalo, New York
1 post
Save Topic
Tipping

I am heading for St. Lucia in about a week. I have not traveled much and would like any advice some of you seasoned travelers may have about tipping. Is it OK to tip with US dollars? Any advice regarding amounts would be helpful. I wish to be generous, but most of all I do not want to insult anyone because I am ill informed! Thanks, Beth

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,053 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Tipping

Don't wait till you get home to send notes when yu're trying to remember who that guy was; write them right there while on property and give them to the manager- he is around and visible, not hard to find, and immediate appreciation goes a long way. Even a verbal recognition to the manager is noted. There will also be a customer survey, be sure to fill it out and mention an outstanding employee - they are recognized by the resort and do earn bonuses, gifts, etc based on the surveys.

Keep in mind - a large portion of the world does not operate via the US tipping way of life, so when in Rome (or St. Lucia at a Sandals)...

22. Re: Tipping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2014, 05:19