We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet at Sandals La Toc

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
303 posts
233 reviews
Save Topic
Internet at Sandals La Toc

Hi there,

Is there a computer room (i.e. business center) with access to the internet? Is there a fee for accessing the internet on the computers located in the business center? If so, do you recall what the fee was?

Nancy

Level Contributor
303 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internet at Sandals La Toc

Hi everyone,

I called Sandals La Toc directly two days ago, and was told that their business center was currently not available. However, they rent laptops for $5/30 minutes, first come, first serve.

If you choose to take your laptop or other device with you, WIFI is forty-something dollars for the week, and $14-ish a day. There is no "free WIFI" in the lobby or anything.

Georgetown...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Internet at Sandals La Toc

seriously? This is craaazy! Sounds like some money grabbing scheme:/

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,329 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Internet at Sandals La Toc

Nancy,

Thanks for updating with the current info. you received.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
198 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Internet at Sandals La Toc

This is one of my major travel pet peeves with large AI resorts or any hotel really. They really need to get with the times. Internet should be no charge. Especially in society today. I give it a serious side eye.

UK
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Internet at Sandals La Toc

Whenever I've had free wifi at any hotel, it has been rubbish. Slow and difficult to connect.

Whenever I've paid for it, it has been fast and flawless.

I guess you get what you pay for.

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Internet at Sandals La Toc

considering their rates Sandals should have free wifi in the lobby at least

Edited: 21 March 2013, 17:36
Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,329 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Internet at Sandals La Toc

Moving on up...Jamaica Sandals only at this point I believe....

"Free Wifi At Sandals in Jamaica "

"Wi-Fi will be made available to guests staying in Concierge Category or higher."

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147309-i69-k61426…

Essex
Level Contributor
287 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Internet at Sandals La Toc

Just to add I totally agree that charging for Internet use is wrong and should of course be complimentary. However, if you do decided to you sandals wifi..at a cost of $42.99 per week it allows up to 3 devices to connect and will work at all 3 Sandals should you need to stay contactable via email etc...and of course if your travelling as a group, then use the 3 device opportunity to its fullest! I am at Sandals Halcyon as I write this.

Edited: 23 March 2013, 13:34
Level Contributor
303 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Internet at Sandals La Toc

Update: We just got back last night from La Toc and had a great time. We did get the wifi also, one week for $42.99. It was average quality (not slow and not fast either). Enough for checking emails.

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,329 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Internet at Sandals La Toc

NancyToronto,

Thanks for updating, from your recent stay.

I also noticed this last week posted on...

HT Hospitality Technology web site Date: 3/26/2013

~"Sandals Resorts Upgrades Wi-Fi Across 23 Luxury Properties"~

…edgl.com/news/…

~"The new SRI Smart Wi-Fi infrastructure is being deployed to deliver high-capacity, high-speed Wi-Fi service across thousands of acres of their resort properties in six Caribbean island nations, including Antigua, the Bahamas, Grenada, Jamaica, Saint Lucia, and the Turks and Caicos Islands. SRI’s newly upgraded Smart Wi-Fi network will now support more than 6,000 guest rooms, and thousands of concurrent users."~