We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon June 2014

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Floral Park, New...
Level Contributor
123 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon June 2014

Originally my fiance and I were going to go to Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Jamaica for our honeymoon which is where we got engaged. After talking about it, we decided maybe we should go somewhere we have never been and decided on St. Lucia. We are confused about the 3 Sandals resorts in St. Lucia. Which one is the best? We are looking for plunge pool and butler service.

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon June 2014

Sandals Grande is one of Sandals' top rated resorts. Of the 3 in St Lucia it has the nicest beach. I think it also the newest of the 3. The drawback is the location is not great for getting out and about. Halcyon is the oldest and smallest but just recently added butler suites - it is also on a nice beach. Nestled in the hills south of Castries, La Toc is the most scenic with dramatic views from the cliffside accommodations, however there are lots of red flag days at its' beach - the shoreline is quite rocky. La Toc is in the best location for exploring the island. I hope this helps

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,701 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon June 2014

La Toc and Grande both have butler suites with plunge pools, with La Toc having the widest selection various rooms including those two criteria.

There are loads of threads on here comparing the 3 Sandals. Basically - Grande is the "highest end", with the best beach for sure, and is flat, about 300 plus rooms, with several pools and dining, and best for watersports. La Toc is hilly and has the more dramatic ocean views due to the hills, several restaurants and pools, wider selection of bulter/private pool combos, and more spread out (shuttles around the resort), with a nice beach but can be red-flagged often. Halcyon is the smallest and quietest, no butler rooms with private pools, intimate and located between the other 2. You can stay at one and play at all 3 with included transportation.

Do a search of these boards for more in depth comparisons - there are loads of threads and lots of info. We prefer the Grande for the Beach and La Toc for the different room options. Both have good atmospheres, we find La Toc a little more sophisticated overall, while the Grande is a little more energy. Opinions vary.

There are other adults-only AIs on the island too, however none that have private plunge pools. If you want true luxury with amazing scenery, butlers, private pools and the most romantic setting on the island, take a look at Sugar Beach, a Viceroy resort located down in Soufriere at the base of the Pitons. Stunning location, 5-star luxury property and they do offer a meal plan if all-inclusive is important. Worth taking a look at and can be quite comparable in pricing with butler suites at Sandals.

Enjoy, whichever you choose.

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon June 2014

Just a note to reedprincess - Sandals Halcyon does have butler suites - sandals.com/main/…ha-accommodations.cfm

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,701 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon June 2014

Very true gdbear, Hacyon does have butler suites; however the OP is looking for butler suites with private pools, which as I noted, Halcyon does not have!

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon June 2014

noted

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
279 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon June 2014

I'm not sure if you are looking for other options other than sandals but we stayed at calabash cove and loved it. It's quite the opposite of sandals, meaning its small, only 26 rooms but the private cabins do have plunge pools. You can go AI and room service is included. The Resturant is lovely, all seats having a view and is open air. Small beach which is quite private. Staff is very accommodating as well. No butler but we felt very spoiled there!

Happy planning

Worcester...
Level Contributor
34 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon June 2014

Our son got married at the Sandals Grande in 2008. The grounds and rooms are gorgeous, I think it used to be a Hyatt or other high end hotel before Sandals, gorgeous flowera and they did a spectacular wedding on the beach. Don't be swayed by being able to easily go to the other resorts, it's very difficult and if you don't reserve the day you get there they are all booked up, believe me we tried and couldn't get reservations. The shuttle between them wasn't very convenient either. We did go to another location for dinner out on a pier and it was very good. The Italian Restaurant was also very good, the rest of the food seemed geared to college kids who are used to bellying up to a buffet. It seemed they had a certain amount of food and when they ran out they ran out. The first day we were there they ran out of the cheese for nachos?? The drinks are in very small like 8 oz glasses and the beach service is virtually nonexistant so you have to walk to the bar every time you want a little itty bitty drink. Water sports, kayaking, sailing, etc. were awesome. It is not real close to the pitons, we hired a private van and guide and went off for a whole day and got to see pretty much everything but the roads a narrow and windy so if you get seasick beware. The only other time people went off property was to go ziplining and they had a great time but it was far away. If you're looking for a quiet honeymoon other posts have suggested other places and that may be a good idea. To tell the truth I don't think we'd ever return.

8. Re: Honeymoon June 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2014, 05:16