We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jamesburg, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Beaches

What beaches do you reccomend?We will be stopping in St.Lucia on an up coming cruise. How do we get to the beach from the cruise ship?

Philadelphia,PA
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches

I'm researching the same thing! We will be there the week of feb 1! I can't wait! I just want a nice white sandy beach and a cocktail! Hope someone can direct us, preferably where the entire ship won't be going as well!

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,788 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches

There are no natural white sand beaches in St. Lucia - we are a volcanic island and our beaches range from light tan to black, and water color varies due to sand color.

If a beach and beach bar is what you want - head to Reduit beach in Rodney Bay. Chairs/umbrellas to rent, several restaurants along the beach (Spinnakers is excellent, especially for cocktails), watersports for hire, etc. Good option if all you want is a beach day. Or Spencer Ambrose's Beach break is good - speedboat to Sugar Beach (at base of Pitons, imported white sand), lunch, drinks, etc. Could be aoption.

In St. Lucia though, highly recommend some sightseeing instead. Our beaches don't compare to other places such as Caymans or Turks, but rather they are more rugged and dramatic (and small coves), while our scenery is second to none with the Pitons, rainforest, waterfalls, etc. Consider a sightseeing tour instead maybe.

Enjoy your day whichever you choose.

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,911 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches

Bon jou 5Donna3 & katymara,

Hire a land taxi to Marjorie's Beach Bar & Restaurant at Cas En Bas Beach or head to Mr. Louisienne's $5 Beach... both in the north.

Or take a round-island tour to rarely-visited beaches in the south - Soufriere, Choiseul, Laborie, Vieux Fort...

Bless up! Paul

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches

you can try sugar beach for that experience , i know for a fact that the entire ship won't be there

5. Re: Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 05:17