We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rendesvous

Caerphilly, South...
Level Contributor
105 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Rendesvous

We're off to the Rendesvous in October for our honeymoon and would really appreciate some advice.

Do they provide complimentary beach towels?

How much money do you think we should take, bear in mind we are there for 10 days on all inclusive, although we would like to do a couple of excursions etc.

Thanks,

Redhead16

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,822 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rendesvous

well I envy you - rendezvous is gorgeous - I would love to stay there. The resort does give beach towels so you do not need to worry on that score. As you are AI you won't need a huge ammount of extra money but you may want to go to Anse La Raye for the fish fry or to Gros Islet, and then you would probably want to do a day tour like a land and sea tour. Most tours are in the US $100-150 per person for a full day with drinks/lunch etc.

Don't also forget you will need to keep you departure tax handy for when you leave the island of EC$70/US$26 (approx £14) per person.

Hope this helps!

Sarah

newcastle, uk
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rendesvous

Hi Scary,

Has the departure tax gone up? I thought it was US$21.00?

Thanks

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,822 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rendesvous

Hi there,

Well when I was looking up the departure tax rate I came across this rate on the Virgin hols website. I must admit I was a little surprised but over the years I have paid more and more so I assume it has gone up.

One thing is if its less it's no prblem!!! I will be going in december myself so if you can wait until thien I'll let you know!

Sarah

newcastle, uk
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rendesvous

thank you Sarah,

I'll know first as I'm going there in August!

East Yorkshire
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Rendesvous

Hello you two,

My Fiance and I are spending our honeymoon there in May so i'll let you know.

Mike

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,435 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rendesvous

madmikeyp - The post you responded to was from 2006. Doubt they need any info now.

england
Level Contributor
171 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rendesvous

When we were there we took the equivelent of £400 in US & EC dollars. More than enough as any big trips are usualy on credit cards. Be aware though that items purchased at the on site shop are expensive. £10 for a Sunday Times! Small tip. If you can get hold of a small water bottle keep it and get it filled at meal times. The only place we could get extra water was at the shop and at a price. Book into the Trysting place as often as you can. The food is excellent and the air con most welcome. You have to pay for wine though. Approx £15 a bottle. A return taxi to Le Sport for lunch or an evening meal is about £30. We went on a trip to the rainforest that has the cable ride and got absolutely stuffed by the hotels booking agent. It came to about £100 for both of us but when we saw the addmission price at the place we felt realy stupid. However all in all Rendezvous is a great place to stay and we are planning to return. Hope you enjoy it.

suffolk
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Rendesvous

Hi there,

We've just had a fab week there and everything is supplied, champagne on tap if you like it.

Only dosh you need is for excursions, but that can go on a card.

Don't bother with ec$, take US.

Departure tax has now been abolished.

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rendesvous

If you are coming from the UK, it is a case of don't bother with US, take ECs !

lincolnshire
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rendesvous

hi there,got married there 2 years ago,we enjoyed the day,we upgraded to a beach front bungalow,in a nut shell i would change hotels if you still can,nothing major, but reports are correct, just depends on how as a couple you find it. things didnt really bother us to much but,birds flyingaround restaurant pooing sometimes,saw poo on the table cloths and on someones food,staff are good and clean up quickly,public beach no privacy, graveyard, airplanes,basic rooms even with an upgrade, did smell of damp a bit,bad evening entertainment, and we got married on 26th oct same month as you.for 2500 for a week we presumed we would get a bit of luxery, but it was ok.food lovely,you can share amenities with the body sport i think.people who we spoke to who had visited advised us not to go there because le sport is fantastic,apparently, compared to where we were staying,and would spoil our honeymoon for us. sorry but hope this helps, have a good day anyway