We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals La Toc Wedding

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
9 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals La Toc Wedding

My wedding is set for July 2014 at St. Lucia Regency La Toc. I was wondering if any of you have experience with their wedding photography? I searched on here and found a few older posts, but was looking for something a little more recent.

We mainly just want digital prints/CD so that we can print our own pictures once home. Do we have to pay upfront for a photography package or can we decide once we see the pictures?

Also, how many pictures do they usually take? Do we get beach pictures/garden pictures/etc.? Our wedding is set for 3:00pm, but will they take sunset pictures if we request them?

Tons of questions, but I want to know what I am in for on our special day! Thanks in advance for your input :)

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
UK
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals La Toc Wedding

Do not pay upfront. The same packages/discount deals will be available on the day and you have much better bargaining power when you have seen the photos and know how many you want. No point paying for 200 upfront and then deciding you only like 50, or paying for 50 and then liking more and having to pay full price for the extras.

They will pretty much take as many as you want! Usually they'll take a load of the ceremony and then go on a tour of the grounds, getting snaps at all the nice locations. Beach and garden sure, if there's any locations you want then just ask. And sunset yeah the photographer can meet you later to get some dusky ones too. Photography is where they make most of their money so they will bend over backwards for you. They are reasonably expensive but the CD is the best way to buy them.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
9 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals La Toc Wedding

Thank you so much for your help and suggestions. I really appreciate it and it made me much more excited! Thanks!

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals La Toc Wedding

Check out Mikael Lamber Photography. We are getting married March 5th at La Toc and are going with Mikael Lamber, - he is partnered with Sandals and will take you offsite if you'd like.

michigan
Level Contributor
272 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals La Toc Wedding

If you have anyone going with you you could try this we got married at Sandals Dunn River in Jamaica many years ago but my mother is a pretty good photo gopher and what we did is sandals took many pictures and we let them take the pictures the way they wanted but my mom brought her camera as well and took every single picture they did this way we had them as well, don't get me wrong sandals is going to try and get you to purchase their pictures ( which we did and the video) but it would of got very expensive to get all those pictures but the way we did it we got all of them, and it worked for us, as I said this was over 10 years ago so who knows if they will still allow this but your paying for the wedding as your staying there so you should be able to have family members take pictures as well if anyone is coming with you. Just a idea by the way the pictures by the resort and my mom were awesome and priceless and were glad we did the wedding there because we had garden, ocean view, and pool pictures that blow must wedding away. Congratulation and best of luck.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals La Toc Wedding

We are marrying this May 2014 (just around the corner) and just paid around $730 for 36 photos on cd and $500 for a video. I think it is very pricey, but it is just my husband-to-be and I going sothere will be no one else to take pictures. We didn't like any of the packages offered through the weddingmoon options but knew we wanted photos and a video per request of our families so we decided that even though it is more than we want to pay this is what is best for us. All in all I know it will be worth it to have documentation of our special day. Congratulations and good luck to you and your spouse-to-be!

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
358 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals La Toc Wedding

We also did digital photos. We decided to go with the package of 24 photos ahead of time, and then it was easy to add on a few more when we viewed them. This was a couple years ago, but I think adding on was $16 each... no, not cheap, but wedding pictures never are, and I think we only paid a total of around $500, a little less.

Once we brought them home, we sent the pictures to a photographer friend to touch up and enhance a bit- the part you don't get w/ having Sandals take your pictures- and it was perfect- in one we loved, you could see the corner of the volleyball net, so he took it out... he moved a branch here or there, enhanced color a bit... stuff like that, and then did did all of our printing as well. I'm SO glad we had him because I don't know that I'd thought of hiring a professional to do that for us without his offer, but it took our pictures from being fantastic to truly being professional. I'd consider finding a photographer who might be wiling to do the same when you return.

We had our favorite professionally framed and it might just be my most prized possession! :)

Edited: 31 March 2014, 09:44
Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
358 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals La Toc Wedding

I meant to ask, Ashely- when will you be there and when is your wedding? We'll be at La Toc from the 5th-12th. If we overlap, perhaps we'll cross paths and can have a drink to toast to your wedding! :) Congrats- you won't be disappointed- Sandals takes care of everything- we would do the same exact thing again if we had it to do over. :) Enjoy!

8. Re: Sandals La Toc Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 05:17