We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach at Sandals Halcyon

2 posts
Save Topic
Beach at Sandals Halcyon

I've read a lot of reviews and posts in the forums here on tripadvisor. The reviews seem somewhat mixed, but usually no one posts many details on Sandals Halcyon they just say to go to the Grande if you want to go to the beach. I just want to put a question out there - is the beach at Sandals Halcyon really that bad?

I understand the beach is small, doesn't have perfectly white sand and the water can be a little cloudy. I'm okay with that! I just want to know the following:

1) Is the beach or in the water rocky? Like am I going to be okay swimming/ walking along the beach in bare feet?

2) Some people have mentioned seaweed - is it actually weedy there or is there just seaweed washing up on shore?

3) Is it still a relaxing place to sit and swim and relax?

Thanks so much!

Tet Paul Stairway Tour in St Lucia
21 reviews
from US$55.00*
Special Offer
St Lucia Shore Excursion: Island Day...
23 reviews
from US$103.50*
US$115.00
St Lucia Catamaran Day Sail
103 reviews
from US$122.99*
Martinique Day Trip from St Lucia
5 reviews
from US$203.99*
St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,052 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach at Sandals Halcyon

The beach really is fine. It's not the absolute more picturesque of the beaches on the island, but it is perfectly fine for swimming, water sports, etc. The beach is sandy, you shouldn't need water shoes. Yes, there is some seaweed on occasion and the watersports team does it's best to clean it up. It's not a weedy bottom or anything like that though. You should have no probs. The Grande's beach is the best of all 3 by far (if what you want is calm waters and wide stretch of light tan sand. We prefer La Toc's beach for a bit of wave action and the lovely cove).

The bonus is - you can enjoy all 3! Enjoy your trip!!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,255 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach at Sandals Halcyon

Ditto to Reedp, visit SGSL for a fantastic beach. We are back to the Grande in November.

essex
Level Contributor
521 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach at Sandals Halcyon

Water was cloudy all week and red flagged.

And wasn't much better at the Grande.

We go

On holiday to snorkel - it was very poor

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach at Sandals Halcyon

Thanks so much for the info! We've booked our trip to halcyon! :)

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,153 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach at Sandals Halcyon

I actually liked the beach at Halcyon. It was really quiet there, and we were the only people around. I didn't get in the water, except for my feet, but it was pretty and the beach was nice to hang out on. We only did a visit there while staying at La Toc, and it was right after a hurricane, and it wasn't red flagged. The water was pretty calm there.

Northfield, New...
Level Contributor
372 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach at Sandals Halcyon

Erin, I booked Halycon for next year. Thanks for asking the question. Good to hear. No regrets now.

Norwalk, Connecticut
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach at Sandals Halcyon

The Halcyon does have a smaller beach, but it is very intimate compared to the beaches at the other sandal resorts. The water is clear anough to see your toes and there might be slight see weed but hardly enough not to enjoy a great sunny day in the water. recommend it 100%.

Johnstown, Colorado
Level Contributor
371 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach at Sandals Halcyon

I think people go expecting Jamaica type beaches with the turquoise water. It isn't like that but to us it was beautiful and nobody on the beach but us!

9. Re: Beach at Sandals Halcyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 05:15