We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Geeting married at Sandals Grande, Sept 7th 06, Need advice?

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fairbury, Nebraska
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Geeting married at Sandals Grande, Sept 7th 06, Need advice?

We have never been to St.Lucia and will be there for 2 weeks. Does anyone have any advice or reccommendations on what to do or see while we are there? Our wedding date is Thursday, Sept 7th. Also how much money should we allow for this trip. We are booked in a Penthouse Beachfront Concierge Room.

Thank you very much,

Stephanie from Fairbury, Nebraska

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Geeting married at Sandals Grande, Sept 7th 06, Need advice?

Well, I'll qualify this response by saying we haven't been to St. Lucia yet, either. We're going for 2 weeks at the end of November, to celebrate our 25th anniversay. But we've been doing lots of research on activities, and have decided to do several excursions. The waterfall/cylcing trip looks fun, as do the ATV and jeep safari tours. We're definitely planning on the botanical gardens and volcano, but haven't decided if we'll do that by boat or hire a cab. There's a zipline canopy tour that looks great, too. We are divers, so plan on diving a few days, and plan to get in some fishing, too. Most of the tours seem to run about $60-80 per person, not including tips. We e-mailed Sandals through their web site, and they sent us detailed list of available tours, with current prices. That was a big help, as they provide detailed descriptions of the activities.

Hope some of this helps, and let us know how your trip and activities were after you get back!

Congratulations on the wedding, and have a terrific trip!

Level Contributor
490 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Geeting married at Sandals Grande, Sept 7th 06, Need advice?

Congrats on your wedding! We went to the Sandals Grande 2 years ago and be assured you have chosen a fabulous destination!! We have had an opportunity to travel to many Caribbean resorts over the years and St. Lucia is my most favourite! It is much lusher than most other islands we have visited and very safe. Can't comment on sites off the resort because we enjoyed the property so much we spent the whole time there which is unusual because we usually do some exploring when we go away. The only thing we did do was hike to the top of the point beside the resort. The views are out of this world.The grounds are beautiful and there is so much to do. I think next time I'd like to make the trip to the Pitons end of the island and do some hiking.

Enjoy!!

MA/RI
Level Contributor
210 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Geeting married at Sandals Grande, Sept 7th 06, Need advice?

Stephanie,

Congrats! My husband and i honeymooned at Sandals Grande in Sept of 2004 (the 11th is our anniversary). We had the swim-up lagoon room. Loved it. Bit of advice. The staff aren't allowed to accept tips..however we did sneak our maid $5 a day and she was fabulous....we loved her service...she would bring us a new bag of goodies everyday...of course my husband got a bad sunburn so that might be one of the reasons. We did one excursion to Port Seraphine....prices are comparable to what you'd pay at home for jewelry...only i don't think there were taxes. I think all in all we spent $200 and it was all on the maid or gifts we purchased. Make sure you do some activites with Fluffy and Elijah if they are still there....they were fabulous! We went to the Pier one night..fabulous restaurant...try to get a window seat...but make sure you book like your first day any restaurants you want to go to...the reservations fill up fast. Oh we also did the snorkeling....was very nice....if you go and you see these little clear things about the size of a dinner roll with blck in the middle...don't panic they are jellyfish but they don't hurt...i got stung by one...got back in the boat, the guy poured a little vinegar on my arm and within 5 minutes you'd never know it happened....except for maybe that i smelled like vinegar...lol.

Oh a prime picture spot we found was right when you walk in...to the left there is a green wall that has a circular wall hanging on it...marble or tile...i forget which...anyway it comes out beautiful in pictures. We saw a wedding there when we went and they really did a nice job with all the planning...i was jealous! lol

Congrats to you and best wishes! Enjoy your trip!

Sarah

sac0877@comcast.net

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Geeting married at Sandals Grande, Sept 7th 06, Need advice?

Congratulations on your wedding. You have made a great choice. On the Island you will have over 100 tour choices to choose from, just select the ones that meet your "taste buds". Your tours desk at Sandals will help you as well. The Island boast many good tour companies to choose from as well. Slu Reps,Barefoot holidays are among the most popular. The smaller yet more indigenous ones like Serenity vacations and tours offer tours that show the heart of St Lucia at great rates (I' ve used them). Sandals is an excellent choice hotel. You are going to the wedding capital of the world. Have all the fun.

Jmodest_25@yahoo.com

5. Re: Geeting married at Sandals Grande, Sept 7th 06, Need advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2006, 02:14
Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Geeting married at Sandals Grande, Sept 7th 06, Need advice?

There are lots of tours available, and after considerable research and prioritizing, we're planning on the ATV tour, the waterfall/cycling tour, and planning to hire a cab for the day to do the volcano and botanical gardens.

Have read a lot of negative posts about the reported crimes but many from one poster have been removed by TripAdvisor. We've done the research, and are still going to St. Lucia with no apprehensions. While the reported incidents were undoubtedly traumatic to the victims of those crimes, we have seen more severe problems in Boise, which is still a great place to live. We have travelled extensively, including our last trip to Costa Rica, where crime is also becoming more prevalent. We used normal precautions, and experienced no problems. We will take the same safety precautions in St. Lucia that we would take anywhere else, including at home.

We've found from previous Sandals visits that their security was excellent, and had no worries on 4 prior visits. Enjoy your trip, and let us know how everything goes.

7. Re: Geeting married at Sandals Grande, Sept 7th 06, Need advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 08:18