We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Electricity/Laptop at Sandals Grande

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wenatchee...
Level Contributor
440 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Electricity/Laptop at Sandals Grande

Does anyone know if Sandals' electricity is suitable for American applicances such as curling irons etc.? What about laptops? I will bring a converter, but I can't use it for a laptop. Anyone know if we can plug in our laptop or should we just leave it at home. Thanks!

Connecticut
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Electricity/Laptop at Sandals Grande

I can't give you an answer to the technical aspect of your question --- but my vote is leave the laptop at home and enjoy paradise!!!

Apleton, WI
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Electricity/Laptop at Sandals Grande

My fiancee is a Network engineer! We have 6 computers for 2 people in our home. As a laptop addict I will certainly be leaving the computers home, and getting a life! No really though my future sis in law just went to the Sandals Grande a few months ago. She said there is absolutely NO reason whatso ever to need a computer during your stay. There is well placed info everywhere, and the staff is very knowledgable, and helpful. Grab a book instead!

St LuciaBride

Wenatchee...
Level Contributor
440 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Electricity/Laptop at Sandals Grande

You guys are great! LOL Of course it won't be used for work, that is a pet peeve of mind (people working on vacation). We just need to communicate with others catching up with us a few days after we get there so wanted to bring it for that reason only. Trust me, work will be the last thing on our minds!

Ontario's Near...
Level Contributor
477 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Electricity/Laptop at Sandals Grande

You can use your laptop at the Grande, we took our in Sept. There is an outlet for use by the desk in each room.

It was less expensive for us to use it to email home than to phone. They do have computers and you can buy internet mins. $5 for 15min. but that can add up.

We also used it to empty our camera memory card.

But to play on or work.....never, way to many other things to do!

Montreal
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Electricity/Laptop at Sandals Grande

Hi Becky,

St. Lucia is based on British Electricity (220v 50Hz) with 3 Square Plugs.

Although most rooms have American style 110 razor outlets (low current) in the bathroom, and a 110v outlet at the makup / writing desk

Most laptops have "world adapters" which can go from 110 - 220v 50 - 60Hz, so you will probably not have a problem.

There are also large adapters available for your curling iron from the front desk. Curling Irons draw a lot of current.

Frankly, I would leave the laptop home and just buy some time from their Internet Cafe. $10.00US for half an hour will get the messages out, and who really wants to read spam on vacation?

800 phone numbers do not work from St. Lucia as well, be advised.

Wenatchee...
Level Contributor
440 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Electricity/Laptop at Sandals Grande

Great idea about just using their laptop. That's what we'll do. Thanks!!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Electricity/Laptop at Sandals Grande

Becky,

I didn't stay at the Grande but struggled with the same decision about bringing my laptop or not when I visited LeSport and Coco Palm last month. I ultimately left my laptop at home and used the resorts' computers to check email. I also brought a flash drive (thumb drive) and downloaded pictures from my digital camera to that (smaller than a CD and fine for the amount of pictures I took). If you want to do that, I'd check with Sandals to make sure that the computer they have available for guest use has the necessary drives and allows that. I couldn't do that on LeSport's computer (which was just for internet use; I think it was too old to even have a USB port - LOL). As a self-proclaimed internet addict, I was surprised by how little I missed having my laptop.

Devon
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Electricity/Laptop at Sandals Grande

What is wrong with people - why cant they just take time out and relax. We stayed at Ti Kaye a paradise for couples and honeymooners but at breakfast there were at least 3 couples with their laptops at the table. Chill out or else why bother going on holiday at all.

Wenatchee...
Level Contributor
440 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Electricity/Laptop at Sandals Grande

Chill out, I already said I wasn't using it for work. And truthfully if I want to spend my vacation wtih my laptop attached to my hip it really is no one else's business. I happen to agree with you, but I would never tell anyone else how to behave on their own free time. I get enough of THAT at work.

10. Re: Electricity/Laptop at Sandals Grande

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 09:15