We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Grande St Lucia

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
calgary
4 posts
Save Topic
Sandals Grande St Lucia

Hello!! Has anyone stayed in the NEW Rondovals at the Grande St Lucia Sandals Resort. Other posts on this sight that provided pictures showed the Rondovals under construction in Dec 06. We are booked into the new Mediterranean Village in April this year but there is no way it will be finished and Sandals is sayng nothing. We are thankful for the picutes that were posted on the Med Village Antigua. So we're trying to find somewhere else to go in the same time frame but now we don't trust Sandals pictures and info on their web. Help!!

uk
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Grande St Lucia

Havent stayed at the Rondovals but did stay at the Grande in December 2005. We had the most fantastic fortnight and everything was perfect even tho it rained at times. We have been back two months from Sandals Antigua and it was a far different place, staff not so friendly, gardens nowhere near as pretty, food nothing compared to St Lucia . And as for the new meditteranean village - I did do a post for that and was scorned because I said there was no way it would be finished for February and now look what has happened. I saw with my own eyes - forget Sandals Antigua. February next year is a more accurate timescale. I wish now we had spent our hard earned money either on a return to St Lucia or Galley Bay in Antigua

Ontario's Near...
Level Contributor
477 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Grande St Lucia

Hi

They are building rondovals on both sides of the Sandals Grande. When we were there in Sept/06 they had just finished the ones on the one side and we had the chance to go through a couple of them the day before they had their first guests. They are stunning!! Nicely done! Each with plunge pools and hot tubs. Very private, but not isolated. Also close to the beach. The Sandals Grande website has fair good pic.

They had just put the fence up on the other side of the resort to block the view of construction. They are due for completion in April.

Wenatchee...
Level Contributor
440 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Grande St Lucia

We just got back and they were busy working on them. I don't know if the interior is complete on any of them, but they were just completing the roofs (very tedious job by the looks of it) on what looked like the last of them on one end. It appeared the other end was done, but I didn't venture out too far.

4. Re: Sandals Grande St Lucia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 23:18