We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic

My husband and I just booked a trip to the Sandals St Lucian Grande. Booked a Honeymoon Grand Deluxe Room, Ocean View (beach view was sold out). Anyone stayed in on of these rooms or have a suggestion on the best building/room # for this room type. I am wondering if the upgrade to the Penthouse Oceanfront with concierge would be worth it (the beachfront view is sold out on the penthouse as well). Also, we are mostly looking for R&R at the resort but would love to see the pitons. How far is it to the Pitons? Will we need to take a cruise to see them?....Would appreciate any feedback- Thanks!

Level Contributor
1,523 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: s

The Pitons are a must see. We went with a local, on a tour, when we stayed at the Regency.

We went by boat and saw some sites, saw the "drive-in volcano", went to a waterfall and soaked in the warm mineral waters, had lunch at a local restaurant, and snorkeled in the waters between the Pitons.

Sandals offer similar tours but they take all day and tend to be more crowded. We only had about 10 people on the boat and it was cheaper than what Sandals offered. I wouldn't hesitate to take a Sandals tour but I also highly recommend one done by a local.

It took about 20-30 mins or so by boat to get to the Pitons...from what I can remember. We were back on the resort by around 3pm or so that day.

2. Re: s

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2009, 06:46