We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

General Price of things!

Which Gros Islet hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bucks
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
General Price of things!

Hi,

Was hoping one of you can help me please?

I am going St L at the end of Septmeber 09, staying at the Coco Palm Hotel, room only.

I am trying to work out a budget and would like to know the ave costs in $ECD for the following?

Beer in Hotel, Nightclub, Beach etc

Dinner in typical Rodney Bay rest per head.

Typical cost of small lunch (Sandwich,burger etc) on a day trip or day out to beach.

Car hire per day

Scuba diving

Day Cruise

In total they are four of us going, two couples in early thirties. Still up for a bit of adventure so would be interested to know cool activities in the day and some partying in the eve.

Thanks

Bucksfannyanne

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: General Price of things!

Hi,

All in EC$ unless stated

Beer min 5 up to 8. In hotels they add tax/service at 18%

Dinner. Starter 20/30, Main 50/90 (can be cheaper if Burger/Pizza) Pudd 20. They usually add 10% service

But there are always specials if you look around and Sept is low season so there could be some bargains

Lunch 10/20

Car Hire. Not really sure but not cheap. c USD 60 per day and you need a licence at c USD 20 on top. Search this forum for better info

Scuba. No idea sorry

Day Cruise. I am guessing but a day cruise on a large shared boat eg Brig Unicorn/catermaran inc lunch and trips around in minibus and inc free beer/rum punch c USD 100

Coco Palm is in the middle of all of the action re Beach (Redruit) and bars/clubs restaurants

Also search this forum re good trips etc. Brig Unicorn, Zip Lining, Pigeon Point, Rain Forest all worth a look at.Depends what you want

Google Tropical Traveller Magazine that is useful

STEVE

2. Re: General Price of things!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2010, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Gros Islet
Recent Conversations