We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Grande room and other questions

St.Catharines
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Grande room and other questions

We are heading to the Grande in 16 days and have booked a honeymoon grande oceanfront room. Is there a specific building we should request? We would really like to be able to see the ocean from our room.

Also, we are repeat Sandals guests--should we ask for an upgrade when we get there or wait to see what our room looks like?

Is there an ipod docking station in the room?

Any thing that we should bring that is not available in the room (i.e is the amenities kit enough to last a week or should we bring extra?)

Sorry if these are questions asked by many before, but I couldn't find the answers when I searched. Thanks for your help!

london
Level Contributor
7 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Grande room and other questions

Do you realise that an ocean front room will look over the back of the property to the rough ocean side of the resort. Beachfront overlooks the Rodney bay side of the resort with the beach and pools. All of the views are nice in my opinion unless you are on the ground floor in which case you will look out over the gardens - but still nice.

We had a beautiful view over the swimming pools and on to Rodney bay. We were in building 5 which is the pigeon island building on the resort map on sandals website. I personally prefer that view to the rougher ocean behind the property but it is all a matter of opinion.

If you are in one of the lower pried non concierge level rooms then take bathrobes and slippers as they are not provided. They are also quite tight on the amount of soap they provide so i would take that as well.

london
Level Contributor
7 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Grande room and other questions

Also meant to say that we were returning guests and they upgraded us from a premium lagoon room to a honeymoon beachfront. I get the impression that they tend to upgrade you one level above what you booked if there is availability and you are returning guests. To be honest you spend so little time in your room that its not worth paying for a high level room. most of the actual roooms are the same inside anyway.

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Grande room and other questions

We had an ocean front and it was great. Quiet, beautiful view. We were in the Pigeon Island building. We were also on the ground floor. Could lay in bed and see the ocean - and hear it. Very relaxing.

Edited: 02 January 2010, 17:04
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ecotourism
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Grande room and other questions

Ask for the Pigeon Island or Bonne Terre buildings. Do not let them put you in the most south building (Monchy building, I think) as this building has a view over the parking lot from the "oceanfront" side. Check the resort layout on the Sandals website and you'll see what I mean.

All the concierge rooms have the same amenites -- robes etc. We have never found them skimpy on soap, shampoo or anything else. Often we don't even get our room cleaned, but ask for more shampoo and conditioner. The housekeepers are happy to oblige.

Upgrades depend largely on availability and, unfortunately, the category above yours is very popular.

The next room category up is the Penthouse Beachfront. You will probably not get upgraded to that as they're always full (unless they upgrade one of those couples to a butler one-br suite.) The next one after that is the pool walkout rooms. These are pleasant but of course less private as you're facing the pool and other buildings (although the pool is not used much) and shadier. You're not likely to get upgraded to butler although anything can happen. This resort has a relatively high occupancy rate in the higher level rooms which decreases the chance of upgrades.

As all the rooms are the same, you'll be fine in the room you booked. The Penthouse Oceanfront rooms are certainly pleasant. If you do get offered an upgrade, look at both choices before deciding. We have been offered upgrades at Sandals (in Antigua) and turned them down as we liked what we booked better.

Edited: 02 January 2010, 21:14
St.Catharines
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Grande room and other questions

Thanks everyone for all your comments. They were all very helpful!

6. Re: Sandals Grande room and other questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2010, 05:16