We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helicopter Transfer to the resot

Which Gros Islet hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
91 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Helicopter Transfer to the resot

We're going in June to the Grande and I have been trying to book a helicopter transfer when I just called Sandals the lady I talked to said they don't do them anymore? Has anyone else heard this?

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
202 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helicopter Transfer to the resot

Did you try e-mailing the following address: stluciahelicopters@candw.lc. I e-mailed them a few weeks ago and got an immediate response. I sure hope they haven't gone out of business, cause we have them booked for April. I'll e-mail them again and hopefully get a response to verify.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
91 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helicopter Transfer to the resot

That email address didn't work for me. Let me know if you get a response.

Milford, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helicopter Transfer to the resot

Sandals will not book a round trip or arrival helicopter transfer any more. You can still book the return or a helicopter tour while on property at any one of the three resorts though.

To reach St. Lucia Helicopers directly to book (which is cheaper anyway), go to their website: https:/…contact_us.htm

You will find their email address, phone number, and a contact submit form to choose from as well as their policies and pricing. FYI, when looking at the price sheet, you will be pricing HGR to UVF even though you are technically going the other way. : -)

IrieLady

Toronto
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helicopter Transfer to the resot

Just got back from the Grande last week and took the helicopter transfer.

You can book directly with St Lucia Helicopters online or over the phone. It is cheaper this way BUT you have to pay for a cab from the smaller airport to the Grande. It's about a 25-30 min drive.

We booked through Island Routes tour company (which is owned by Sandals). It is a bit more expensive but the transfer from the smaller airport is included in the price. Also, since it's the staff of Island Routes who drive you to the Grand you don't have to wait around for a cab.

Either way go with the Helicopter - it's worth the money.

Toronto
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Helicopter Transfer to the resot

Sorry, Island Routes is "Sandals affiliated" not Sandals owned.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
91 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Helicopter Transfer to the resot

Thanks for the info! Any idea how much the cab ride from the small airport to Sandals Grande is?

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Helicopter Transfer to the resot

from SLU to Sandals Grande should be about $20, maybe $25

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
202 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Helicopter Transfer to the resot

I sent an e-mail to stluciahelicopters@candw.lc and within 24 hours responded that they are indeed still operating, woohoo!!!!!

Alexandria Bay
Level Contributor
550 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Helicopter Transfer to the resot

Does anyone know if your suitcases fly with you.? We are going to the Grande in a couple weeks thanks

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Helicopter Transfer to the resot

The helicopters are not big enough to take the passengers and suitcases. You can take small hand luggage only in the helicopter.

The suitcases are strung underneath the helicopter in a net, as you may have seen on television. It is best to have rigid suitcases, as sometimes the suitcases do hit the tops of the trees if the pilot flies too low over the rainforest on the way to SLU.

Get answers to your questions about Gros Islet
Recent Conversations