We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Running in circles....help!

Toronto
Level Contributor
281 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Running in circles....help!

St Lucia is new to me. I've been going in circles trying to figure out which is which. Gros Islet- Rodney Bay. Firstly: single older guys looking for a place, probably AI without running into nothing but honeymooners. O.k. so that's RB ; right? Doing a search for hotels in RB takes me to a list of hotels at GI. Reviewing things there from people like myself, says for fun you need to stay at RB.

??????????

Are they one in the same or just nearby? An ACCURATE map would help screw my head on tighter. Once again Google maps just made things worse.

BC
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Running in circles....help!

Rodney Bay is a tourist district within the municipality of Gros Islet; much like Leaside or North York are districts of Toronto but on a much smaller scale. St Lucia is not as large as Toronto. When in St Lucia we live in the south but travel to Rodney Bay once a week for shopping and therefore cannot advise on accommodations in that area.

The Rodney Bay district is where 80% of the tourist bars, restaurants and shopping occurs.

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,444 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Running in circles....help!

GI is, for the most part, Rodney Bay. If you have questions about certain hotels once you look at them let us know.

This map might help you out a little bit but look at the hotels that are in the red box as those are the ones in Rodney Bay http://www.stlucia.org/tour/map.asp

Edited: 10 July 2012, 18:33
Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,444 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Running in circles....help!

Here's another map for you. Reduit Beach is in Rodney Bay.

http://stlucianow.com/rodney-bay-village/map

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,263 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Running in circles....help!

Jimmer,

You are nearly right re are they the same place.

Gros Islet is a district and a town. Within the district of Gros Islet there is Gros Islet town, Rodney Bay Village and Rodney Bay Marina and a few other places.

Re hotels I think you would like to be in Rodney Bay Village, loads of bars/restaurants all within a max 10 min walk. Look at the Bay Gardens Beach Resort, The Royal St Lucian and the Rex St Lucian. All are beachfront. There is also the Coco Palm, and the Bay Gardens Hotel that are not beachfront but very close.

All of these offer AI as an option given all the variety of bars/restaurants I wouldn't recommend AI unless you are going to drink bucketfuls then you might be better off.

Hope tis gets you going

STEVE

Toronto
Level Contributor
281 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Running in circles....help!

Thanks guys. This helps. I'll try to work with this information but I'm sure I'll be back with more questions.

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,128 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Running in circles....help!

I like this map - www.skyviews.com/skyviews/maps/st-lucia/ - it shows most of the major attractions and gives you street maps for the main settlements. I agree that you should not go AI if you're going to stay in Rodney Bay Village, which is in the heart of Gros Islet. What may be confusing to you is that Gros Islet is both a quarter (district) name and the name of a town. Same goes for Soufriere - it is a town and a quarter.

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,500 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Running in circles....help!

Have a look at Ginger Lily too. Not far from the beach and unpretentious. Bay Gardens beach resort if you want to be on the beach. Royal is on beach and more upmarket, and more expensive. Coco Palm also a poss. All in Rodney Bay.

8. Re: Running in circles....help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2013, 05:46
Get answers to your questions about Gros Islet
Recent Conversations