We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrggg!!

Colorado
Level Contributor
294 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Arrggg!!

AA has just canceled the overnight flt from DEN-MIA, thus, in order to get to St. Lucia, or anywhere else in the Caribbean, at a decent hour, we'll have to pay for a hotel along the way--DFW or MIA etc. Any ideas?

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrggg!!

I would vote for Miami. Then you could spend the night in South Beach.

Leaving from Miami to STL the flight leaves at 10 15 am.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,441 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrggg!!

Welcome to my world! We have to overbight when coming to the States just about every time as immigration takes so long for visitors! I would second Miami, so many hotels around the airport, depending on what time your flight comes in to Miami, or there is Downtown, about 15 minutes from the airport, with Brickell and Bayside, or South Beach, if you want to travel that far back and forth. If you stay by the airport, Dolphin Mall with loads of restaurants, movie theater, bowling alley, etc is a short cab ride away.

Good luck. And enjoy your visit when you do get here!

BC
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Arrggg!!

We concluded several years ago that it is better to overnight en route rather than fly direct. We had two choices; Spokane, Denver Miami, St Lucia or Toronto, St Lucia. We choose the latter and stay at a Sheraton hotel located in terminal 3 at Toronto airport. We have a decent meal; sleep in a proper bed and are refreshed for our outbound flight to or from St Lucia and home. Time is unimportant; I am retired and simply plan an extra two days.

Colorado
Level Contributor
294 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arrggg!!

Thank you.

BC
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Arrggg!!

We just received a visit from Santa. His sleigh was parked on top of one of our two community fire trucks. His visit helps me accept that we may never see St Lucia again.

Merry Christmas to all.

Colorado
Level Contributor
294 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arrggg!!

I cashed in almost all of our DL FF miles yesterday, we have to overnight in ATL both directions, but at least its less than $700 + pp and 2 nights in hotels. Thanks all--now we're REALLY going!

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,444 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arrggg!!

I've done this trip many times from Denver. I prefer staying overnight at DFW as I HATE the Miami airport and try to avoid it if possible but usually it requires staying in MIA as DFW can be difficult to get a connection from.

Glad you were able to go through ATL.

Edited: 26 December 2012, 01:00
Castries, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arrggg!!

As a former Denver resident, I know it can be challenging flying to Saint Lucia. I just checked on Kayak on a few dates through March. JetBlue does a red-eye from DIA through JFK on some nights and AA also shows a red-eye option through Miami on the nights I checked.

I'm glad you're coming to Saint Lucia - it is well worth the long trip!

Mark

9. Re: Arrggg!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2013, 10:15