We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing near St James Club, Morgan Bay

Which Gros Islet hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing near St James Club, Morgan Bay

Hi, have booked St James Club for the last week in April and first week in May and was wondering if it is worth taking a rod to fish from the shore in this area. Any tips on target species, tackle and tactics would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,410 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing near St James Club, Morgan Bay

It is no longer the St James Club and hasn't been in many years. It's called Morgan Bay Beach Resort. Fishing off the resort I don't know much about but I rarely see anyone there fishing.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,552 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing near St James Club, Morgan Bay

Actually, nevera, it has recently re-named back to St. James Club Morgan Bay - I was surprised too and had to double check, but yes, it is back to being called SJC, MB.

As for shore fishing - very little in the area - probably not worth taking all the equipment. Deep sea fishing is very good, but shore fishing in the area is minimal due to the swimming and frequent watersports, etc.

Enjoy your visit!

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,410 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing near St James Club, Morgan Bay

reed princess - I just can't keep up with all the name changes of that place over the past few years! Thanks for the heads up. Strange that they would change it back to St. James but c'est la vie!

4. Re: Fishing near St James Club, Morgan Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Gros Islet
Recent Conversations