We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Grande St. Lucia October Roll Call

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
506 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Grande St. Lucia October Roll Call

Hello,

Anyone going to be at SGSL in October? Would be fun to organize a meet & greet. My hubby & I will use our 3rd free week there the 19th-26th (3rd visit). We're celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary on the 23rd. Then we head to LaToc for a week (4th visit). We love split stays.

Happy & safe travels!

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
506 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucia October Roll Call

It's always good to get a Private Message reply to a forum thread, so thank you to those who have responded to me, but is there anyone else out there who will be at the Sandals Grande in mid- to late-October? Anyone going to be at La Toc in late-October?

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,698 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucia October Roll Call

DD...planning to book SGSL for our 2nd free week (3rd time there), but first we are off to SRC & SWH in early November. Just wanted to wish you a great trip!!

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
506 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucia October Roll Call

Thanks so much, TP! How nice of you.

I'm still working on my SWH review. Our May visit doesn't seem like that long ago! Trying real heard to be fair, accurate, thorough, etc. Wish our second visit there had been better but really looking forward to returning to SGSL and La Toc.

Love SRC and doing split stays! Hope you have a great vacation next month! If you swing by Sandals Carlyle (maybe for a flambe dinner), please say hello to GM Christopher Elliott. He was so good to us at La Toc in 2011, and we've kept in touch.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,698 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucia October Roll Call

will do DD...we hope to get over to the Carlyle for dinner. Has Christopher's appointment as GM at the Carlyle been made permanent?

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,224 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucia October Roll Call

DD, we are looking at SGSL for our second Free Week also, sometime next Fall. Hope you enjoy your stay, and say hi to Carl for us. We really enjoyed our last stay at the Grande two years ago. We are off to SN in just seven days!

Doolittle...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucia October Roll Call

Hubs and I won't be there until Dec 6th. I originally wanted to be there right now for our 10 year Anniversary. But was advised by the Travel Agent that we had to go through that wasn't a good time to be there.

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
652 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucia October Roll Call

Wish we could be there but will be trying the new Couples in Barbados!

Have a wonderful time!!!!

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,698 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucia October Roll Call

Nikko...will love to hear your feedback on the new Couples!

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
506 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucia October Roll Call

TP, I'm not sure if Christopher's appointment is permanent. I'll ask him in my next email.

RandB, we sent an email to Carl and mentioned corresponding with you on Trip Advisor and Facebook, and this was his reply: "Randy is a good friend and advocate for us on TripAdvisor and a wonderful guest as well, please give him my regards." Nice, huh? :-) Have a great time in Negril!

Kate, would you please elaborate on what your TA meant with now isn't "a good time to be there"? I'd like to know what, where, why? Thanks.

Nikko, I echo TP's comment. Would love to hear your feedback on Couples Barbados. Loved Couples Negril for our honeymoon 14 years ago and have thought about trying Couples again. Am definitely intrigued by Barbados. Would like to dive some of their wrecks and reefs.

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
652 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucia October Roll Call

I will definitely be doing a review as well as lots of pictures!!! We have not been to any of the Couples properties in Jamaica but hope to at some point

Plan to do at least the free dives and go from there.

Get answers to your questions about Gros Islet
Recent Conversations