We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must do - day excursions?

Which Gros Islet hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Must do - day excursions?

Hi. We're going to Sandals Grande in about 1 1/2 weeks (can't wait) and are willing to do a couple of day excursions. Any advice for something amazing? We're all pretty adventurous so are open to doing a lot - hiking, snorkeling, zip lining, shopping, etc. This will be our first trip to St. Lucia and we just don't want to miss anything incredible. Thank you in advance.

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must do - day excursions?

Land & sea tour to Soufriere, Treetop Adventure Park for the Triple Adventure Tour

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Must do - day excursions?

There is so much you can do, piton hiking, snokeling at Sugar Beach in Soufriere, Ziplining, Mud baths, ATV Tours. Are you planning on doing something everyday? Have fun!

Fredericton NB
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must do - day excursions?

We were there back in 2008 and did a day trip on the catamaran down to Soufriere and the Pitons. The trip included a snorkling stop, a tour of the volcano and botanical gardens and a lunch at a restaurant in Soufriere (which had a fantastic view.) It was a full day and definately worth the money. We booked it through the resort. There are also private trips that are similar that beach vendors will offer you. I've heard both good ad bad about these. We also paid a cab $20 and rode to the shopping mall in Rodney Bay. It's not a huge mall but it had some interesting shops. (my wife liked the jewelry store the best.) Hope this helps. Either way enjoy St Lucia, it is a gorgeous island!

UK
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Must do - day excursions?

Don't forget Pigeon Island, very easy to get to, just walk right along the beach, cross the car park and you're there. You can hike right up to the top, see the fort and cannons, spot the mongooses in the forests.

May not be a full day but definitely worth doing and very cheap.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Must do - day excursions?

you wil no doubt visit the Souffriere area. When you do, you might want to visit ladera for an afternoon snack in the bar or sunset cocktails (or both). The views need to be seen to be believed. One of the best views you will ever come across.

Edited: 19 March 2014, 11:14
6. Re: Must do - day excursions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 March 2014, 22:05
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Must do - day excursions?

Thanks everyone. We're looking to do only a couple of full day excursions but you've given me some good ideas. And I expect that I'll go hiking, by myself, at least once as sitting around by the pool gets old for me. Any safety concerns, for me alone - besides the ususal? Thanks.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
984 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Must do - day excursions?

Don't miss the jump up in Gros Islet, it's a great time with lots of food and drink stands. The party starts to liven up around 10:30 - 11:00 pm.

Castries, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Must do - day excursions?

Must do excursions depends on what you enjoy doing in your spare time back home when you have the choice (e.g 1/ stuff by self vs stuff with people 2/ stuff that just pure fun vs stuff that also educationally / socially / culturally rich ) , whether you prefer authentic experience (open minded) or the canned commoditized stuff (closed minded), and your budget. However, if you had only one choice i would say 1/ make friends with another couple in the hotel, then 2/ arrange a custom authentic tour with a local guide for an immersive and unforgettable experience. I've done them all, and experience tell me you will get the most fun and culture/social/ educational value for the least amount of money from this type of excursion.

Edited: 22 March 2014, 15:54
Little Elm, Texas
Level Contributor
112 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Must do - day excursions?

Is it easy to get a taxi back to your hotel after the jump up or are you best to pre-arrange your return?

Edited: 23 March 2014, 05:07
Get answers to your questions about Gros Islet
Recent Conversations