We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Grande St. Lucian Beachfront Rondoval

orlando
Level Contributor
231 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Grande St. Lucian Beachfront Rondoval

Hoping SGSL veterans can answer a few questions for hubby and I. We are contemplating using our free week@ SGSL early 2015.Our previous stays are pretty much split between butler and club levels. I realize the Rondoval(Beach front-top category room I believe) falls out of this category, but wondering if it might be worth paying to upgrade our free week to this room category. Also, any info about this room would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has stayed in this room and has an opinion about this room category, please let us know. Lastly, does anyone have an idea how much the upgrade to this room category might be since we are using our free week? Thanks in advance!

RR

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,701 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucian Beachfront Rondoval

robinricky, we went to SGSL for our second free week in Feb/Mar. It was our third time to this resort and it was always our 2nd favourite place for us after SWH...but this trip moved it into a tie for first with SWH! Our original booking was for our free week plus 4 nights...while there, we added on an additional 5 nights, that's how fantastic our stay was!

So, during this stay we stayed in a club level penthouse and in 3 different rondovals, one of them being the top category beachfront one. Blew our socks off! We could see Rodney Bay laying in our bed. I've provided my pics numerous times on this forum, so forgive the duplication (and the fact I'm the world's worst photographer), but here is the link to almost 600 photos, including ones of the rondovals.

https:/…

I don't know how much an upgrade would be as it is dependent on what room you qualify for your free week...but be sure to ask when you talk to the Sandals rep about your booking.

orlando
Level Contributor
231 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucian Beachfront Rondoval

TP55,

Thanks for all the info and pictures! I've seen you around the SWH forum as well.We are big SWH fans and are looking to try something different. The beachfront rondoval looks fabulous! We love SWH (we almost feel guilty considering another Sandals.) I guess when get a couple of possible dates, we will have to call Gillian and see what the upgrade charges might be. Also, we are in florida- not sure what airline to take. Any ideas?

Thanks again-

RR

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,701 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucian Beachfront Rondoval

Hi RR...I know you are fans of SWH and I don't think you will be disappointed at SGSL! :) Lol, don't feel guilty about trying another Sandals...our first Sandals was SGSL in 2005 and it sold us! We've been lucky over the years to experience almost all of them, and SGSL and SWH remain our favourites (followed closely by SRC).

I'm not too familiar with the air carriers in the US...we are very lucky here as we fly out of Toronto direct to St. Lucia on either Air Canada or Westjet. When looking at your flight times, keep in mind that the resort is 90 mins - 2 hrs from the airport in St. Lucia...so perhaps the earliest flight arrival is best so you aren't losing too much of the day. You can also take the helicopter from the southern airport to the smaller northern airport which is approx 20 mins from SGSL. Someone else had also posted on the forum that there is now a smaller plane you can book from airport to airport too.

Congrats on the free week and please let us know what you end up booking!

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,610 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucian Beachfront Rondoval

I am quite familiar with carriers from the US, and your best bet coming from Orlando is to take AA through MIA. AA has daily flights from MIA, so you should be able to take an early flight from Orlando to MIA (get there by about 9, 9:15)n then the 10:15/10:25 flight to UVF.

Other carriers will take you north, then back down south, ie Delta through ATL or JetBlue through JFK, etc...

Enjoy your trip. The rondovols are amazing; we stayed in them the first year they were built, just incredible. We book other butler rooms when we go now - but those are worth it!

Roseville...
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucian Beachfront Rondoval

RobinRickey, have you found out what room you qualify for yet? We too are about to earn our free trip after our next stay and I am dying to figure out what we qualify for at SGSL. If I did the math right on the levels we booked, we would qualify for a level 10 which is the Caribbean Honeymoon Beachview Penthouse Club Level Room and the lowest category I would want there. I would also be interested to know how much they charge you to upgrade to a rondoval. That is my dream room! TP, you are so lucky to have been able to extend your stay and stay in 3 of them!

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,701 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucian Beachfront Rondoval

Lori...we had the best stay ever! The upgrade to a rondoval was a surprise gift from the GM after our free week stay, and when we added on an extra 5 nights at the resort, we had to work with whatever was vacant and so were able to split it between 2 other rondovals. The other vacancy they had was a swim-up or possibly the William Clinton Suite...but we LOVED the rondovals and so booked them instead.

We would go back to SGSL in a heartbeat and in fact, we have a 2 week trip booked to Sandals La Source in 2016...we are trying to decide whether to split it with SGSL.

Roseville...
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucian Beachfront Rondoval

TP, we can't wait to go! We have been wanting to go there since our first trip but the price has always been too high. We are for sure going to add on 3 nights and go for 10. Also, we plan on going during Reunion Week. Have you been there during RW before?

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,701 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucian Beachfront Rondoval

Lori...we've not been to any Sandals during reunion week, as that is the start of our (hopefully) warmer weather and we instead take vacations within Canada. I would love to sometime go to Sandals in April though just to participate in all the reunion week events!

Roseville...
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucian Beachfront Rondoval

This year at SRP was our first Reunion Week and we loved it. Loved the free excursion and the special dinner. Plus they gave us a tote bag full of goodies! We plan on trying to make it for RW every year now.

orlando
Level Contributor
231 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucian Beachfront Rondoval

Sorry for the long delay regarding the room category for our free week.Just spoke with Gillian about the category we qualify for and the room is Caribbean Honeymoon Beach View Penthouse Club level ( Code PC.)We inquired about how much to upgrade to the Beachfront Rondoval and the additional charge would be 4262.30!! Hubby and I will stick with the room we qualify for - that is a lot of extra money! The room we qualifly for looks great and is one of the top club rooms. Off the subject a bit, but has anyone done the helicopter transfer from the airport and if so, can they make recommendations. Also, any idea on prices would be appreciated.

Thanks for all the help and info.

RR

Get answers to your questions about Gros Islet
Recent Conversations