We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it doable to walk frm Ladera to any beach?

Coral Gables...
Level Contributor
55 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Is it doable to walk frm Ladera to any beach?

I was just wondering, if there is any way to get to any beach fron Ladera walking, even if a long or steep walk??? Has any one done it???

North Wales/Chester
Level Contributor
583 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it doable to walk frm Ladera to any beach?

Never done it and certainly wouldnt want to. Ladera is quite a way from the beach and it is very very steep and windy and narrow. Free shuttle buses/taxis run down there regularly and I would say that this is the only route to take,its only a few minutes.

Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it doable to walk frm Ladera to any beach?

Ladera to Jalousie Beach as the crow flys is easy. The road, on the other hand, takes a curvy path waaaay down hill towards Soufriere then you turn into the Jalousie road and go super-steep uphill, then you get to the Jalousie security gate & now go steep & curvy all the way down to the beach. Reverse that to get back to Ladera.

More power to you if you can walk this. Or hang glide it !!!

It was over exertion to walk from our 200 block room at Jalousie, up to the security guard, then steep down to the waterfalls.

Good luck,

SeaBass

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,349 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it doable to walk frm Ladera to any beach?

"Or hang glide it !!!'

Now that's the idea!!!

Although everything is doable, I agree with glampuss and Sea Bass

Sometimes it's not even walking up the steep hills that pose a bit of a challenge but...going down the steep grades are just a hoot!

Coral Gables...
Level Contributor
55 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it doable to walk frm Ladera to any beach?

Tks for the comments, defenitily hand gliding !!!! jajajaja....we'lll behaive and get the shuttle. I was hoping there were some trails, but I got the message. I"m two weeeks from vacation today, can't wait !!!!!! Ele

5. Re: Is it doable to walk frm Ladera to any beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 00:17