We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not getting consistant rates for Stonefield!

Which Soufriere hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Not getting consistant rates for Stonefield!

Ohhh my goodness!! I have been in contact with Stonefield Villas directly and also a travel agent. It seems everytime I contact either of them I get a different rate. The other day the Premium Luxury villa for the anniversary package is XX dollars then a day later it goes up... today it went up again. We have our heart set on staying here, but I am very hesitant to actually book the room. I just dont know what to do! and of course like others have stated... you can't request a certain room but they sure as heck will charge you extra to book a room your not being quarenteed!!! ahhhrggh I need a vacation from planning :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not getting consistant rates for Stonefield!

Try bidding on LuxuryLink, as we did...we got a 7 day package in a plunge pool villa (Raintree), for about $400US less than published rate...we were treated just great by the Browns upon arrival...if they are currently on LuxLink, and you win, you'll feel great!...it's a great place, Stonefield...I hope it works out for you.

London, England
Level Contributor
131 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Not getting consistant rates for Stonefield!

You're bound to get a different rate through an agent as they'll be putting their profit margin on top - I went to Stonefield in January and booked direct with them, and was able to reserve Frangipani which I had my heart set on! maybe their policy has changed about being able to reserve specific villas, but I'd suggest booking direct either way.

Powell, Ohio
Level Contributor
97 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Not getting consistant rates for Stonefield!

I think it may depend on how far in advance you are booking. I also agree that going throuhg a travel agent will cost more, as they want to make a profit! I E-mailed Stonefield last March and was able to request the Frangapani Villa for this June. They sent me a confirmation of the room and rate when they received our 50% down payment. The staff there has responded promptly and curteously to several questions I have asked them.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Not getting consistant rates for Stonefield!

I have since booked my stay with Stonefield directly through them about 2 weeks ago... They however do not allow you to book certain villas.... even though I had to pay extra to TRY to get Frangipani. This villa is now considerd a Premium Luxury villa instead of a normal Luxury Villas (both frangipani and hibiscus they said) SO hopefully because i have paid more, I will have a better chance of getting Frangipani!! Just be thankful you booked when you did, so you could request the room you actually wanted. However, I have come to realize that as long as my room has a pool.. i know i will have the most amazing honeymoon ever :) Let me know how your stay turns out!... we wont be going to May of 2008 :(

Have fun

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Not getting consistant rates for Stonefield!

buggys...by the time you go, 13+ months from now, 3 or 4 additional new villas will have been built...personally, I would take any sight unseen,as long as they have a plunge pool...that's how much we like that place...also, say hello to Abdul, the Brown's 40 year old gorgeous blue and red parrot...he's huge (2 1/2 feet long)...and very smart...man, I want to go back.

Powell, Ohio
Level Contributor
97 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Not getting consistant rates for Stonefield!

I agree! The plunge pool looks as though it will make the stay here a piece of Heaven. I will definately post a review when we get back. I will also let you know on this thread or will message you directly.

I'm glad you got to book the type of room you wanted, I'm sure it will be wonderful!

Central NJ
Level Contributor
61 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Not getting consistant rates for Stonefield!

DiannaDana62, I booked last March for April '07 (YIPPEE IT'S ALMOST HERE!!!!!) and also got confirmation on Frangiapani. Funny! Maybe we did it the same day! :-)

Curious about the rate hike and how it might affect us--I have the rate in my confirmation so I hope they don't try and raise it to meet the recent increase. That wouldn't be fair. (I know, life isn't fair, right?)

Anyway, I will for sure be posting a review. We're going in a few weeks and boy am I ever looking forward to it. (Very much an understatement, that.)

I'll say hi to the bird!

Powell, Ohio
Level Contributor
97 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Not getting consistant rates for Stonefield!

Greenie,

I have my printed confirmation as well. I figured that the confirmation contains the rate I booked at PLUS they have been using half of my money for a year now. I have communicated with them several times and believe they will honor the confirmed room and rate. I'm SO jealous! I can't hardly wait for June!!

Central NJ
Level Contributor
61 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Not getting consistant rates for Stonefield!

DiannaDana, me too. And I am bringing it! I don't really foresee a problem, I'm just aware there COULD be, y'know?

After I return, I will be jealous of YOU! I'm already a little sad that soon I will no longer have this trip to look forward to. How pathetic is that?! LOL

:-)

Powell, Ohio
Level Contributor
97 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Not getting consistant rates for Stonefield!

Greenie, I know, for me the research and planning is nearly as fun as the vacation itself! My husbabnd thinks I'm crazy for planning stuff so far in advance, but It's nice to have everything major worked out well in advance so the biggest decision you have to make is hmm, should we go snorkel or lay around in the hammock some more!!