We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Been to Ladera? -- need some honest answers please!

Springfield...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Been to Ladera? -- need some honest answers please!

We booked the 5 night all inclusive at Ladera for late July (we had wanted to go in early July but no rooms.) As beautiful as it looks and with all the accolades (Conde Nast Traveler's Best Hotel in the World, etc.) it seems like a no-brainer. But there are a few things worrying us.

Most of all-- the night times there. I don't care that we have no TV, I like that. But it sounds like you can't even turn on your lights at night lest the gnats swarm over you. So after dinner, what can you do besides sit in your dark room? After romantic/amorous activities :)

that is!) Do people hang out & talk at night and is there even a lobby or general seating area? Is there a band every night or just weekends? I'm not into loud nightlife like you would get at a Sandals, but I don't go to bed at 10 o'clock either.

Can you turn on a light and read or is that just an invitation to be bitten to shreds? Are there ceiling fans or just the breezes to cool you? And isn't it a bit noisy at night since there's no doors/windows to shut out the noise? I don't mean the nature sounds... can't you hear your neighbors?

I just can't stop wondering if this is a great place until dinner is over but then you're left bored and uncomfortable until morning. We want something really amazing for our 20th anniversary... is this the place? Any advice from those who have been, especially if they've been in the summer, would be appreciated! Thanks.

Washington
Level Contributor
91 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Been to Ladera? -- need some honest answers please!

Ladera rocks! We were there in July of '05. Yes it was very hot during the day, but that's what the infinity pool is for. There are no ceiling fans, but you can ask for an oscilating fan at the front desk. (there was one already in our room when we arrived) There is a heavenly breeze at the resort too! It's up so high, so there's a steady breeze & not many bugs around. You can turn on a light at night, but I would recommend bringing small reading lights if you plan to read at night. (the type that clip on a book) We were fine leaving on one of the smaller ceiling lights at night for a short period of time. As far as night life at Ladera...I recall there being bands several nights during our 7 day stay. We also met many wonderful couples & ended up hanging out with them at the bar during the evenings. But all in all, Ladera does tend to be more on the quiet side after 10:30ish. We could not hear our neighbors at all! It's amazing how quiet it is when you are sleeping. There is a small outdoor lobby area where you can sit & chat and also check email if needed. It's a beautiful lobby area!!! You will LOVE this place!

Springfield...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Been to Ladera? -- need some honest answers please!

Thanks for putting us at ease... we really are excited but my wife had some concerns. We can't wait to go!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
449 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Been to Ladera? -- need some honest answers please!

Please make sure you write a review when you return. My husband and myself will be staying at Ladera for three nights in April 08. We are also staying 7 nights at Ti Kaye before. I have followed the Ladera reviews for well over a year, and I can't imagine anyone NOT having an amazing time there. I'm sure you will Love it.

Have fun!!!!!!!!

4. Re: Been to Ladera? -- need some honest answers please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 20:19