We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling Tours

Which Soufriere hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wildwood, Missouri
Level Contributor
492 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling Tours

Does anyone know of any Snorkeling tours from the Soufriere area? I have snorkeled from both beaches & now I want to find other snorkeling areas. Anyone have any suggestions? We'll be returning to Sourfriere May 2009.

UK
Level Contributor
624 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling Tours

We stayed 2 weeks in St Lucia with accommodation in the North and South, we had a hire car and travelled all around the island numerous times. The best snorkelling without a doubt was at Jalousie Beach / Anse Chastenet beach and at Ti Kaye. Having a couple of teens with us, we really wanted somewhere with a cafe and toilets so we were really looking for a serviced area - not an isolated spot. I warn you though, most of these places require a scary car journey to get to.

didn't do any snorkelling tours as we didn't feel this was necessary as we had a car, but others may be able to comment.

Vieux Fort, St...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling Tours

I disagree with the last reader. There are lots of nice areas to snorkel, including some remote beaches only accessible by water - especially heading north from Anse Chastanet towards Marigot Bay.

The best way is to take a water taxi and a picnic. Get dropped off at a nice private beach and arrange a time for the water taxi to collect you.

May I suggest Johnson on 758 721 0229 or call me when you are in St Lucia, and I will be happy to help (459 5595).

Australia
Level Contributor
361 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling Tours

You can try and call Scuba St Lucia. They have snorkel trips for their hotel guests which are going to Pitons and around. If there is a space on the boat, they might take you along. The best thing about their trips is they take max 12 people and the guide, so no cattle experience. I am sure Jalousie must be running trips for their guests as well. Call diveshops directly, this is the only way to get a good rate.

4. Re: Snorkeling Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 02:17