We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jade Mountain vs Ladera

Florida
3 posts
Save Topic
Jade Mountain vs Ladera

We are planning trip in summer and what we looking for are:

Lots of Privacy, private sun deck, food but also access to the beach

They both seem to be distant from the beach but based on the other things what does eveyone think. Has anyone done both ?

1. Re: Jade Mountain vs Ladera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 January 2010, 10:57
Sweden
Level Contributor
399 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jade Mountain vs Ladera

With no doubt I would personally choose Jade Mountain. Jade is an experience of its own, something very luxurious. You have a lot of privacy, a private sun deck in your room, good food, a nice beach- everything you're looking for. I wouldn't say Jade is a distance from the beach. It is just located on the hill and a walk to the beach would take you around 5-7 minutes. And if you don't want to walk, you can always call your personal butler to get you a shuttle that would take you only couple of minutes to get to the beach. While staying at Ladera, you'd share Jalousie beach. Since Jade is a resort within a resort you also have more options when it comes to restaurants. If you decide to go with Jade, definitely book one of the infinity pool sanctuaries. The rooms and views from Jade are just spectacular!

Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Jade Mountain vs Ladera

Thank you for getting back to me. I read somewhere that some of the sancturies overlook each other or some can actually see parts of other ones . is that true ?

Are there nice walk ways on the beach or is it limited

Sweden
Level Contributor
399 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jade Mountain vs Ladera

The sanctuaries are not overlooking others, they are build in a way that you can't see inside. However, JE1, which is now a Galaxy Room pool is built in a way that you can see it outside when you are close to a reception area. The room is one of the best rooms at Jade but if you want to go skinny dipping, it's not the best choice for you only because of the pool. If you're looking down from your sanctuary you may be able to see the other room's metal barrier in front of the open wall, but not much else. Therefore you have complete privacy.

The walkway on the beach is fine, not limited. If you want to go there, you can walk there even at night, whereas once you are at Ladera this is not an option because the beach is in a short ride away. I just came across with a video on Youtube where somebody recorded their walk down to the beach. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecAFmPIaecs

As you can see it took then also 6 minutes. If you want to make sure the rooms are completely private inside, you can watch a lot of videos on Youtube, where people have recorded their rooms. This makes you understand the whole design of the rooms and so on.

I hope this helps you a bit.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
527 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jade Mountain vs Ladera

Hey Nikki, my wife and I did both.

Check out my review of Jade:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147345-d623…

My review of Ladera:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147345-d149…

Our photos of Jade:

www.resortastic.com/index.php…

Our photos of Ladera:

www.resortastic.com/index.php…

Jade is walking distance from AC beach. Just a fairly steep hill. And both offer shuttle services (free) to the beach. Jade to AC, Ladera to Jalousie.

Another thing to consider is budget. Jade is about 2 times the price of Ladera.

Hope that helps!

Thai.

Edited: 11 January 2010, 17:41
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jade Mountain vs Ladera

Jade Mountain although I would be a lot happier staying at the hotel Anse Chastanet next door and I think part of the same company and a lot cheaper than Jade Mountain . We went to teh Ladera for a meal and didnt like anything of it other than the view.

7. Re: Jade Mountain vs Ladera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2010, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Soufriere