We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jalousie resort: lately some rate 1 star others 5. Why?

Which Soufriere hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
illinois
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
jalousie resort: lately some rate 1 star others 5. Why?

What's going on at Jalousie. 2 guests had only 1 star accommodations while others gave a 5. I doesn't seem to have anything to do with unrealistic expectations; just normal service. And no response from the management on the TA site, which I have seen in the past. I'm a bit of a TA junkie, to lodge at Jalousie would be a dream if it were in my budget. Now it is questionable if it's worth 600+ per night.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jalousie resort: lately some rate 1 star others 5. Why?

I second Judie35's comments. I've narrowed my search for a December wedding/honeymoon down to Jalousie Plantation and Anse Chastanet, and some of the recent reviews for Jalousie have me a little concerned. Could it be that the bad reviews are from people who stayed in the older villas? What is the state of the older villas compared to the new luxury villas?

Manchester
Level Contributor
546 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jalousie resort: lately some rate 1 star others 5. Why?

I too was concerned reading the last couple of reviews, as we booked this resort for June, based on previous reviews.

I have emailed the resort asking for confirmation that all bathroom facilities are in good working order.

Also told them of my concern reading TA reviews.

Will let you know if and when I get a responce.

A

Phila, PA
Level Contributor
201 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jalousie resort: lately some rate 1 star others 5. Why?

If I had to guess, they were together. They both were from Florida, joined TA and posted on the same day, were on a friends getaway, and traveled the same time. So I would only count that as one bad review, and since they have never posted anything else ever on TA and only joined to post the bad review, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Manchester
Level Contributor
546 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jalousie resort: lately some rate 1 star others 5. Why?

I agree with you, but doesnt do any harm to let the resort know of your concerns.

Also noted their first reviews.

A

Chattanooga, TN
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: jalousie resort: lately some rate 1 star others 5. Why?

I have had the same concern. We are set to leave in one week for a week at the Jalousie. I have thick curly hair and absolutely despise low water pressure. I was almost in tears reading the reviews about the water pressure and the jelly fish...but i know that is nature and we can do nothing about that.

Manchester
Level Contributor
546 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: jalousie resort: lately some rate 1 star others 5. Why?

Hi Msio

Please post a review when you get back, still havent had a reply fromJalouise yet, may try contacting the Manager.

Regarding jelly fish and sea lice a TA member suggested trying a product called Safe Sea, we have ordered some.

Have a great holiday.

A

brooklyn ny
Level Contributor
90 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: jalousie resort: lately some rate 1 star others 5. Why?

thanks for this post! I had the same concern. looking forward to jalousie's response

Manchester
Level Contributor
546 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: jalousie resort: lately some rate 1 star others 5. Why?

Had a responce from the reservation team, noting my concerns.

They didnt actually state that these problems wont occur!! ie. toilet useless shower water pressure, infact they didnt mention them.

They just stated they would put me in a mountain view villa as near to facilities as possible, this I hadnt requested and emailed them back and told them I had requested a fully workable villa with a working toilet and shower.

Probably just wait and see to late to cancel as money all paid.

Hope we get some good reviews in the meantine.

Anyone going please check out the old mountain view villas for me, (Jalouise call them Vintage villas!!).

Thanks

A

essex
Level Contributor
489 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: jalousie resort: lately some rate 1 star others 5. Why?

i don't know what everyone is on about ?

we stayed in a mountainview villa, may 2008, is that now termed a vintage villa ?

i have booked a mountainview villa again in september of this year, that's how bad it was !!!!!

Manchester
Level Contributor
546 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: jalousie resort: lately some rate 1 star others 5. Why?

thanks Jalouise Girl. only concern was water for a shower and a flushing toilet, as long as villa is clean, no probs.

A