We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jalousie Plantation All Inclusive & Shopping in Soufriere"

Which Soufriere hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
Save Topic
Jalousie Plantation All Inclusive & Shopping in Soufriere"

I'm heading to Jalousie Plantation in a couple weeks, will be there for 5 days. I don't get there until later the first day so was planning on doing AI from days 3-5. Questions are:

1) I have seen a couple prices for all inclusive, emailed Jalousie and they said it was $140/person/night + 18% tax & gratuity so roughly $165 a night, does this sound right?

2) Is AI worth it? Wife and I will probably be eating and drinking a good bit so figured it would be worth it.

3) We also wanted to get some food and alcohol for the room since AI does not include room service, is it pretty easy to get a taxi to a grocery store in town to pick up snacks, wine, liquor?

4) Any recommendations/advice for our stay at the resort? Recommendations, advice, tips, etc?

surrey
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jalousie Plantation All Inclusive & Shopping in Soufriere"

If you're doing AI - there's no way you'll need more food for the room - the portions are very generous. There's also a beach bar that serves simplar food if you get hungry between meals! You can get breakfast - not the freshly cooked items on room service for no extra charge. It's lovely having it on your terrace. If you like a drink in the evening in your room it might be a good idea to get your driver from the airport stop at a supermarket to pick up say a bottle of rum? - Chairman's Reserve is the best in my opinion and a few local beers - Pitons.

I think the food at the Great Room is the best - more fine dining than the Bayside but there's a BBQ at the Bayside on Fridays with live music which is worth attending

Last bit of advice - enjoy it!

essex
Level Contributor
488 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jalousie Plantation All Inclusive & Shopping in Soufriere"

i was told quite recently it was 100 u.s. a night, and i think, yes they add taxes.

good meals and good drinks though.it is worth it.

taxis are quite expensive, so pick up bottles on your way in. as this hotel is quite remote _ but its oh so beautiful.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
936 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jalousie Plantation All Inclusive & Shopping in Soufriere"

We're here now and hope you love it as much as we do!

The food has been pretty good, exceptional in the finer dining Great Room where a 3 course meal would cost $55 plus drinks so AI is worth it. Bayside is more relaxed plus as above beach service is fab with a red flag per sun shade for drinks and short food menu but amazing burgers!

Tips: do the rainforest walk after breakfast, book any activities the day before, bring lots of books, use the insect repellant at night and come to relax!

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,405 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jalousie Plantation All Inclusive & Shopping in Soufriere"

I was e-mailed by Shanta at Jalousie reservations and told $100 per person per day for Breakfast and Dinner only - no drinks. All Inclusive was $168 per day per person. Both have 18% tax and service charge on top of it. Interesting that everyone is quoted a different price - hmmmm. Is it different pricing depending on what time of year you go?

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,273 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Jalousie Plantation All Inclusive & Shopping in Soufriere"

The meal plan prices remain the same all year, though... the cost of meal plans as an ~add~ on to one of the current specials may change.

jalousiegirls price is the ~add~ on price, if one has booked on one of the specials, that all ready includes breakfast and dinner in the package. As with the "REV2011" sale etc.

WSPDeez, not sure about your price quote? May have been an old rate, though it's has seemed to me the rack rate has been in the $168.00 range for some time now.

$168.00 + the 18% tax equals the $198.24 per person.

Below are the newest current rack rates for the Meal plans from the Jalousie's web site.

Meal Plans Available with the tax/service rate included in the price.

"All Inclusive Meal Plan

The All Inclusive meal plan includes breakfast, lunch and dinner and afternoon tea with wine, and sparkling wine by the glass and some premium brands. Does not include mini-bar items and room service. Some items on the menu may be at supplemental charge.

Quantity Price with tax

Adults (18+) USD 198.24 per night"

"Half Board Meal Plan

Full American Breakfast and Dinner Daily. (no drinks included)

Quantity Price with tax

Adults (18+) USD 118.00 per night"

"Full American Breakfast

Full American Breakfast at our Bayside Restaurant.

Quantity Price with tax

Adults (18+) USD 33.04 per night"

Edited: 20 June 2011, 19:39
Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,273 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Jalousie Plantation All Inclusive & Shopping in Soufriere"

WSPDeez , also if that is the rate they have given you directly from the resort, this can certainly be a cut rate from the rack rate, for whatever the reason. Did you happen to book on any one of the specials?

7. Re: Jalousie Plantation All Inclusive & Shopping in Soufriere"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 11:17