We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jalousie Plantation Beach Access

Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Topic
Jalousie Plantation Beach Access

We visisted this hotel when it was the Hilton a few years back and just loved the beac there. We spent most of the day at the beach, in the water and buying some drinks at the bar. We arrived early in the morning and walked down to the beach no one bother us until very late in the day and said it's $25 to rent a chaise lounge. Does anyone know if they sill allow the ship passengers to visit the hotel beaches. We don't need the chairs we just want the beach. I've heard that some hotels wont't even let you on the beach. Is this true. What about Sandals? We are leaving in two weeks. Thanks

Warwick
Level Contributor
413 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jalousie Plantation Beach Access

I have been told that all beaches are public in St Lucia, i have also heard that some hotels try and charge resort fees. i am unsure if these are legal,John K the local expert may give a more upto date response.

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Devon, England
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jalousie Plantation Beach Access

Hi, we stayed in a private villa right above the Ladera resort and therefore relied on access to all the beaches. We had no problems whatsoever. We did not use the beach chairs which were on offer for $40.00/day at the Jalousie and for $35.00/day at Anse Chastenet. We did use the Hobiecat which we could rent for $25.00/hour at the Jalousie. You even got an intructor included in the price if you wanted. Snorkelling in the marine reserve is free. Jalousie's reserve was not as nice. After a day on our beach towels we were all welcomed in the bar for cocktails..it was lovely!!!

Mentioned in this post
Ladera Resort
Ladera Resort
1,337 Reviews
St. Lucia