We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anse Chastanet in November?

Which Soufriere hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Squamish, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Anse Chastanet in November?

I'm planning a week-long vacation at Anse Chastanet and have a choice between November and February. I've never been to the Caribbean and my priority is swimming in the sea - not the hotel, not the food, definitely not the swimming pool. The sea needs to be reasonably warm and not teeming with motor boats. When is a good time to go?

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,696 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anse Chastanet in November?

Year round in St. Lucia. The sea is somewhat warmer in the summer months, but is definitely warm all year round, you will love it. May be fractionally warmer in Nov than Feb, but barely noticeable. The beaches at AC are great and the snorkeling is excellent. There are no pools at AC. November is still low season, so the resort will not be full and you can get great rates or specials. Feb is high season in St. Lucia.

Enjoy - AC is wonderful.

cheshire
Level Contributor
107 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anse Chastanet in November?

We always go in November, much cheaper than high season. We snorkel for hours every day, water is warm and clear, no wetsuit required but you may need a t-shirt to keep the sun off your back.There are plenty of fish to see with reefs at both ends of the beach. The southern end has a cordoned-off reserve area from which boats are excluded although boats from other resorts and cruise ships do arrive to drop off snorkellers for 30 mins. I understand there are many more of these in high season. The north end of the beach does not have boat traffic. There is also a second beach (Anse Mamin) 10 mins walk or 2 mins boat trip away. This is very secluded with few visitors from the hotel and no boats even though there is a food and drink service.

The resort will be busy at the end of November for Thanksgiving so go in the first half if possible.

Toronto
Level Contributor
38 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anse Chastanet in November?

Question about the facilities in the room...when I'm looking up vacation packages, the description for the rooms don't mention a bathroom for the the standard and deluxe room, but in the villas it boasts an en suite bathroom. So maybe a silly question---but are there bathrooms all the rooms at this resort? Thanks!

Also, are the beaches rocky or sea-weedy?---are water shoes needed?

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,696 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anse Chastanet in November?

LOL! Yes, all rooms have en suite bathrooms. Some are just a little more impressive than others - double sinks or showers with views, etc. From the website: "Both Standard and Superior rooms have either clay or tropical hardwood floors, either glass or wooden jalousie louvre windows, ceiling fans and balconies, ensuite bathrooms with shower and toilet." Note the Ensuite Bathroom in the room description!http://www.ansechastanet.com/accommodations.html

As for the beach - water socks or shoes would not be a bad idea. While it is not pointy rocky, it is also not soft coral sand - St. Lucia is a volcanic island and the beach at AC is natural dark/black sand which does have very small stones, etc in it. While we've been fine without water socks, it is better with them! As for seaweed - it's the ocean. Some seaweed is natural, healthy and necessary! That said, the beaches on the Caribbean side (Ac, Jalousie, Soufriere, etc) tend to have very little seaweed, etc.

Hope that helps!

Toronto
Level Contributor
38 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anse Chastanet in November?

thank you, that was very helpful. i feel much better about booking a standard room now. :-D. and great description of the beach bottoms!

Squamish, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anse Chastanet in November?

Thank you for the replies! Will definitely go in November :-)

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anse Chastanet in November?

there are fresh water showers near the dive centre so that you can shower before lunch. I do wear shoes when swimming, although I usually snorkel there. The water is usually very clear and will be quite warm in November. Boats usually come in from about 10:30 onwards and are usually gone by around 3pm. It can get busy but November should not be too bad.

8. Re: Anse Chastanet in November?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2013, 10:15