We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ladera - Security

Which Soufriere hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
287 reviews
Save Topic
Ladera - Security

It may sound a dumb question but my OH asked about security at Ladera if you are in rooms nearer the ground. Is it possible for outsiders to get into your room from the open bit and is there any security at the hotel to deter break ins?. I was just researching this in the forums and came across the break in at La Batterie so thought id ask the question.

Vieux Fort, St...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Ladera - Security

Ladera has very good gated security, with 24 hour attendance. They also have security fencing running along the boundary with the road. It is not a resort with security issues so hopefully now your mind is at rest you can look forward to your holiday. See you soon.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ladera - Security

thanks debs. we have visited Ladera in the past but not stayed there. I was thinking more of the area in front of the villas and if it was possible to approach the property from that direction as opposed to the road - i.e. through the jungle!!!

I didnt think there were security issues as I have not found any in any reviews or reports. (but you know how it is to placate the OH!! lol)

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ladera - Security

Awa, paul1962Belfast!

On the room's open side, anybody looking for trouble have to want it bad to hike up a long steep track through da prickle bush...

AND...

The Security Staff at Ladera have more than the usual "security systems" in place... dey kno da troublemakers runnin's n da troublemakers kno dere's!

How? Ask them yourself then sleep peaceful & quiet and show them your appreciation dat nah buddy messin' wit Ladera!

Big up! Paul

4. Re: Ladera - Security

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2014, 06:17