We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sugar Mill Rooms at Sugar Beach

Boston...
8 posts
Save Topic
Sugar Mill Rooms at Sugar Beach

We are staying here for our honeymoon in July, and are curious if some sugar mill rooms are better than the others. I have tried looking online for videos and pictures, but the information is limited mainly to beach bungalows and the villas. I know there are superior luxury sugar mill rooms, but other than those, is the setup/views different for the others sugar mill rooms, or are they all basically the same? if you have stayed in a sugar mill room, do you have any advice/recommendations?

Any insight is appreciated!

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,444 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sugar Mill Rooms at Sugar Beach

I've stayed in them and don't feel there is a lot of difference. They are in a common courtyard setting with a stream outside of the back entrance of each unit. The plunge pool and patio area is out the back of each unit. The two upper units are the second basic category room and they may have a view of the ocean. Personally I would say enjoy your honeymoon and don't fret. It's just a great place and your room will be really nice. I don't remember the number of our unit (might have been 11) but I wouldn't have changed it to a different room.

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,254 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sugar Mill Rooms at Sugar Beach

The really nice thing about the Sugar Mill units is that you can walk to and from the beache and restaurants unlike the villas where guests usually prefer to wait for the shuttles. They're much closer.

Happy Honeymooning! ;~>

Edited: 21 March 2013, 01:06
Boston...
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sugar Mill Rooms at Sugar Beach

Great- thanks for the advice!

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,444 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sugar Mill Rooms at Sugar Beach

One of the biggest pluses of the Sugar Mill rooms is that they are walking distance to everything at the resort so no shuttle needed. If you forget something and you're on the beach it's a short walk back. If you want to use the gym it's across the way and the same goes for all the restaurants, the Cane Bar, the beach bar and restaurant and even reception is just up the hill a very short distance. I loved the freedom they offered by not needing to rely on a shuttle. The road is very steep which is why there are shuttles. We walked it and i wouldn't want to do it all the time but it does provide a great workout if you are already in good shape to begin with.

5. Re: Sugar Mill Rooms at Sugar Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2014, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Soufriere