We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner (or maybe brunch) near Soufriere

Which Soufriere hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pembroke Pines, FL
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner (or maybe brunch) near Soufriere

Hello Trip Advisor Team!!

Heading over to St. Lucia at the end of August. This will be the third time for my wife and I, but we have another couple joining us this time (and they've never been there) We made friends with a wonderful couple that lives in St Lucia during our first couple of visits. We want to take them out to either a nice dinner (or possibly a Sunday brunch). I've read some less than stellar reviews regarding Dasheene since Chef Orlando departed. Even so, I was considering this place for the Sunday brunch. I would welcome some info from anyone who has been there for the brunch. I don't want to be cheap (but I don't have an unlimited supply of $$$) How much does the brunch go for? Is the selection diverse and fresh? Presentation nice?

If It is a dinner (instead of brunch) I would like a place with a nice view. I considered the Boucan Restaurant (but I'm not sure I can deal with everything having a touch of cocoa in it!!)

I think the one place that has me intrigued is Trou Au Diable at Anse Chastanet. (I went to the Treehouse last time and it was uneventful.) They have the menu "Apsara" which is supposed to be a fusion of East Indian and Caribbean cooking. If anyone can shed some light on this it would be great.

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Dinner (or maybe brunch) near Soufriere

I also like Le Haut Plantation. We had a great local lunch there and not too expensive. They also have a pool.

12. Re: Dinner (or maybe brunch) near Soufriere

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2014, 05:16