We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sugar Beach Resort, here we come!

Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sugar Beach Resort, here we come!

with 2 toddlers in tow! I hope that we don't spoil anyone else's vacation. It seems that this is not a very popular destination to bring children to. But, I just couldn't resist! Any tips for families with toddlers at this particular resort? I am most worried about dining in the restaurants and proximity of other villas (you know, in case someone throws a fit)!

Also, is it safe to travel into Soufriere with toddlers? I would love to get a taste of the local artisans and bring home souvenirs.

Thanks!

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,052 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sugar Beach Resort, here we come!

That's great - have a wonderful time! Nothing wrong with having your children 0 the only thing anyone would ask is the basics, don't let them run wild without supervision, if they are screaming at a restauran, please remove them till they calm down, that sort of thing. Sugar Beach is not an adults only resort, and there should be no expectation that it is; plenty of people bring their children and have a wonderful time. Kids are of course more than welcome all over the island!

Soufriere is not walking distance, especially with little ones in tow. It is a lovely village to explore - a bit shabby around the edges, but you should have no problems or anything. Check out St. Lucia Debs shop for souvenirs and arts & crafts- she has some of the best selection on the island! The cathedral is lovely, the boardwalk along the sea is nice, grab an ice cream cone and enjoy the stroll.

Enjoy your visit!!

Peaks Island, Maine
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sugar Beach Resort, here we come!

If you're staying at Sugar Beach and you are interested in local crafts, in particular nice woodwork and carvings, go over and visit Dr. Twist. He hangs out at the right end of the beach, where all of the snorkelers go. He's a talented artist and will also custom make anything you can dream up (and he can draw up!) for a really good price. He also has a little studio and the base of the pitons that you can visit and watch him work. It's nice to meet local artists and have something custom made, if you are in to that.

Vieux Fort, St...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sugar Beach Resort, here we come!

Its the school holidays, this is the time when the kids are in the resorts...they will love the beach. There are lots of things in the activity centre and staff on hand to keep them amused. Enjoy your holiday.

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sugar Beach Resort, here we come!

Bon jou lalysn21,

You be safe in Soufriere... Looshans love the children.

Go on a Saturday morning to the colorful Farmer's / Fisher's Market.

Be sure to visit the Drive-In Volcano & Sulpher Springs, Morne Coubaril Estate & Tanzanite (Superman) Waterfall...

Bless up! Paul

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sugar Beach Resort, here we come!

Why so negative about the resort ??

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sugar Beach Resort, here we come!

Tanzanite (Superman) Waterfall..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bobwPNVZYN0

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,052 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sugar Beach Resort, here we come!

@ back@deisland - what negativity are you referencing, and why post on a thread that is more than 6 months old, and not contribute anything.

@ john1758 - great video, but again, this post is over 6 months old, the poster has already visited....

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Sugar Beach Resort, here we come!

Reedprincess

I am awear its a very old post , I also know Visitors review all old post to plan their holidays. And I Also plan to you videos to promote what St Lucia have to offer them and how safe of an island it is.

Am focused on nature and history

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,052 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sugar Beach Resort, here we come!

That's great john, good luck with that. I guess my point was, the video may be better served in a new post, for more viewers to see, rather than buried in an old post, that is over 6 months old, and only came up due to an odd post by back2deisland, as opposed to someone looking for more info.

All the best in your endeavour!

10. Re: Sugar Beach Resort, here we come!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 06:19