We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

I'm so excited! I LOVE Tripadvisor and the people here that provide such valuable information. I was considering Ti Kaye and have obtained pricing from Sandals as well when reading the forum someone mentioned Stonefield. I love the idea of a villa with a private pool! The rate was great as well for 3 nights. I am so excited about my birthday weekend in St. Lucia and look forward to visiting the island for my 1st time.

We are staying for 3 nights--Fri, Sat & a Sun..departig on Monday.

Any tipe for 1st timers in that location? Must do activities? I love to snorkel and we both love spas. We don't plan to rent a car. Are there any reccomended restaurants near the property?

Thanks!

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,134 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

For snorkeling you can go to Malgretoute Beach which is about a 10 minute walk from the resort - snorkel from shore in the shadow of Petit Piton. Highly recommend a visit to Dasheene for a late afternoon cocktail while watching the sunset, then go across the street to Boucan Restaurant at Hotel Chocolat - every dish has cocoa added to it - http://www.hotelchocolat.com/uk/boucan

The onsite restaurant Mango Tree has pretty good food. If you want an authentic local meal head to Martha's Tables for lunch - it is a few minutes down the road from Stonefield. The spa at Sugar Beach is supposed to be excellent, however I also highly recommend a visit to the mudbath at Sulphur Springs Park - soufrierefoundation.org/sulphur-springs/hot-…

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

Thanks so much for your reply! I am totally excited about this.... I look forward to more replies.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

Awwww just checked out Martha's but they won't be open when we arrive and are closed on weekends....Bummer

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,626 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

Absolutely second gdbear's recommendations. And heartily recommend the rainforest spa at Sugar Beach - truly amazing spa with excellent treatments and therapists. Consider the couple's massage with the private mineral pool - very relaxing and intimate experience. Ask for Duane and Lucita. You can make a day of it and enjoy the beach and snorkeling there also -very good reefs. The beaches are public, there are free loungers to the far right of the beach(when looking at ocean), have lunch or drinks from the beach bar/restaurant, etc.

Enjoy!!

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,049 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

Bon jou hynotiq_dime,

You will be impressed by Stonefield's island-style and breathtaking views.

There are, also, many sites in the area to walk to and taxi back.

We recommend friendly & knowledgeable Fimba 758 719 1209.

Swimming off Malgretoute Beach at the base of the Petit Piton inspired India Arie to write her hit "God Is Real".

Walk north along the beach trail into Soufriere town for local restaurants (Jah Lam's, Fedo's, La Chaudiere), Saturday's Farmer's & Fish Market, ti'boutiqs, souvenirs, groceries...

Visit Hotel Chocolat for a Farm-To-Tablet Cocoa Plantation Tour and a cocoa-infused lunch or dinner, Morne Coubaril for the zipline & Tanzanite Falls.

Walk up & down into the volcano's caldera for a Sulpher Springs Black Mud Bath.

And then check us on Tripadvisor at Zion Lion Farm for the Gros Piton hike from the trailhead in Anse L'Ivrogne/Sévoigne & an authentic Carib Beach BBQ Feast.

Bless up! Paul

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

Thanks again for the feedback! I'm loving the spa at Sugar Beach...How far is that from Stonefield?

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,049 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

Taxi over the hill, hypnotiq_dime, behind the Petit Piton and down to the beach on the other side.

The Bamboo Door Spa at Stonefield's is, also, quite special for your birthday TLC.

Bless! Paul

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

Thanks Congo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be sure to check out all of the information you shared..... I'm really looking forward to experiencing St. Lucia!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

Another question---Transfers for 2 is $140 to Stonefield from UVF. Is that pretty typical? Anyone know of other options?

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,457 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

The Stonefield - UVF price is good if that is round trip?

I do believe Stonefield also has complimentary transport to Sugar Beach.

Enjoy....

Get answers to your questions about Soufriere