We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

I'm so excited! I LOVE Tripadvisor and the people here that provide such valuable information. I was considering Ti Kaye and have obtained pricing from Sandals as well when reading the forum someone mentioned Stonefield. I love the idea of a villa with a private pool! The rate was great as well for 3 nights. I am so excited about my birthday weekend in St. Lucia and look forward to visiting the island for my 1st time.

We are staying for 3 nights--Fri, Sat & a Sun..departig on Monday.

Any tipe for 1st timers in that location? Must do activities? I love to snorkel and we both love spas. We don't plan to rent a car. Are there any reccomended restaurants near the property?

Thanks!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

It's $140 RT/$70 each way for a party of 2....

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,254 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

Check out Fimba, hypnotiq_dime, for your round-trip UVF transfer and island excursions at 758 719 1209.

Blessings! Paul

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,546 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

$70 one way, is the regulated rate for Vieux Fort (UVF) to Soufriere. Typically you will find the hotels may charge a bit more, so that is a fair rate.

http://www.southerntaxi.com/sta/Rates.aspx

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

Decisions Decisions.... I'm now looking at an actual vacation rental.... We rented a condo earlier this year in the Cayman Islands and the BF likes the idea of it again.

I'm talking to a few owners --one in particular is VERY nice and responsive. The villa is located on the south side of Marigot Bay. I'd miss the private pool but there will only be one couple there and they are honeymooing so it should be quiet.

Any thoughts on this area or the idea os switching locations?

Thanks!

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,937 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

As you are only going to be here a very few nights - stick with Soufriere, absolutely! The scenery, the experiences, the romance - all right outside your door or window in Soufriere - Marigot can't match it, especially with only 3 nights. From Marigot, which is lovely and worth a visit on a longer trip, you are looking at 30-45 minutes or so (one way) by car down to Soufriere for the Pitons, volcano, waterfalls, mineral baths, snorkelling, etc. About 20 minutes by water taxi (more expensive). And one other smaller consideration - longer traveling times to/from airport, which with a short trip, can really matter. And - no views of the Pitons at all from there!!

With 3 nights - I would stick with Stonefield and Soufriere and enjoy being pamperd and not having to do the cleaning or cooking!! We enjoy vacation rentals too, but for only 3 nights for my birthday - I would not want the added work, I would want someone to take care of all that for me!! Just curious, as the villas at Stonefield all have kitchens/kitchenettes, living rooms, bedrooms, and some with private pools - plus hotel facilities -, what is the attraction (at least for this trip) for a private villa rental?

It's of course up to you, but seriously - the Pitons are what puts St. Lucia on the map, and you have the opportunity to sleep in the shadow of them!

Enjoy, whichever you choose.

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,254 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

Mo'betta, hypnotiq_dime, in any villa at Stonefield's with plenty peace & quiet. Bless! Paul

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

Thanks for your feedback!

Reed--the key difference is price. We travel quite a bit --so where ever we can save $$ and get similar accommodations we try.

Southfield is running about $1240 for 3 nights --with transfers and that includes breakfast daily...

The other property is around $735 for 3 nights with transfers but we have a full kitchen and can prepare breakfast & lunch daily...

IMO that additional $500 (the difference) would more than cover any groceries , beer, wine etc...

The pool is shared with one other unit---that will be occupied with honeymooners...It's over 1750 sq feet and fairly new construction. Oh and it has a TV that the BF likes. :D

I don't mind cooking and cleaning and tend to do so on vacation anyway.....

Oh the property has full time staff as well --The caretaker also has a water taxiing boat and offers tours to property guests (fees applicable).

He does a full day of snorkeling to different beaches, visit of the Pitons, Souffriere etc.. for $ 200.00US for a full day.

Thoughts????

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,254 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

Soufriére and Marigot Bay not similar at'all, hypnotiq_dime...

No pool, no beach, no Pitons...

Time & money spent traveling...

Blessings! Paul

Edited: 19 September 2013, 02:53
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

Congo--what can you tell me about the Cas En Bas area?

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,254 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

Cas en Bas way up North, hypnotiq_dime!

2 hrs one-way from UVF.

Best things to do... Marjorie's Beach Bar & Restaurant, horseback rides on the beach, Claudius Loiusenne's $5 Beach at Anse Lavoutte, Pt. Hardy Trail...

It's still nothing like Soufriére...

Your birthday, the 1st (& maybe only) time in St. Lucia for just 3 nights surrounded by The Pitons, and still not decided for the best choice... wah happenin' to yuh, gurl?

Blessings! Paul

Edited: 19 September 2013, 05:43