We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Almond Morgan Bay building work

Which Soufriere hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Swindon
3 posts
Save Topic
Almond Morgan Bay building work

I have recently heard about the building work taking place at the AMB st Lucia and i'm finding it hard to make a decision.

We are due to go out at the start of Feb for our wedding with a party of 25 (adults and children).

We have been reading all the reviews and forum entries and now find we don't know what to do for the best.

Is it true that work is happening at the Windjammer?

Is it true that all guests from club St Lucia are being put in the AMB until March due to renovations there?

My concern is trying to find somewhere else that takes children, offers weddings and has all inclusive. we are willing to go elsewhere in the carribean if necessary.

Am i over reacting by planning to transfer everyone? Should i take the gamble? My concern is all the thousands of pounds people are paying to be there for our wedding and that it may be less than perfect.

Has anyone heard anymore on the compensation front from Virgin?

Any advice or help that can be offered i would be truly grateful as i have to decide soon.

England
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Almond Morgan Bay building work

If u scroll down the page a bit or type Almond Morgan Bay buidling works into the search box at the top of the page you'll find lots of discussion on this.

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Almond Morgan Bay building work

Hi teach81

I too am flying out early Feb for my wedding. What date do you get married?

I have spoken to AMB many times and I have a friend who is the sales manager there.

She has advised that by the time we get out there most of the building work will have been completed. All that they should be doing by then is painting and final touches. All the digging is being done now and will be way finished by then.

Depending on when you are goung the hotel is full from the 15th Feb onwards and so they cant put club guests in the hotel as no room. I believe Club is re opening on 1st Feb anyway.

There are 23 of us in our party and I too was worried about the work etc. but I truly believe all will be fine. I would have changed too if I thought that we would suffer cos of the above.

Virgin will not compensate cos in their opinion the work is not bad enough. I used to work for them and they as all operators will do all poss to get out of paying comp.

London UK
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Almond Morgan Bay building work

I'm not so sure that AMB is definately full due to the fact that I have just been checking via Almond Resorts website and it showing up vacancies in all of their rooms types during the whole of Feburary. I know that they do 'hold rooms' and then release them as and when they are needed. Almond Smugglers Cove ex CSL is due to open on the 1st February but that is an estimated date as due to the vast refurb programme nobody can predict any hold ups due to problems in advance.

London UK
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Almond Morgan Bay building work

I'm not so sure that AMB is definately full due to the fact that I have just been checking via Almond Resorts website and it showing up vacancies in all of their rooms types during the whole of Feburary. I know that they do 'hold rooms' and then release them as and when they are needed. Almond Smugglers Cove ex CSL is due to open on the 1st February but that is an estimated date as due to the vast refurb programme nobody can predict any hold ups due to problems in advance.

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Almond Morgan Bay building work

Whether they are holding them (which I know all hotels do) or if they are full it means that no CSL guests can go there.

So either way its good

London UK
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Almond Morgan Bay building work

As far as I am aware AMB are holding some rooms 'over' in case Almond Smugglers Cove ex CSL doesn't open on time which is highly probable taking into acccount the vast refurb that is going on between now and beginning of February.

Swindon
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Almond Morgan Bay building work

Thanks for your reply floozysuzy.

We are getting married on the 17th (saturday) @ 4pm. We were going to choose the wedding gazebo. How about you?

Your email is slightly comforting, but we are still debating wether to change hotels, which would probably be outside the caribbean.

Can I ask how much notice you received of the building work? We found out the same week we were due to pay the rest of the bill, which seemed rather convenient to virgin.

Ive found that it's more pressure having such a large group going and not just us.

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
376 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Almond Morgan Bay building work

Seems Virgin need a spell on Watchdog regarding their treatment of customers regarding the building work at AMB. It isnt on telling everyone, just as the tickets arrive.."we have just found about building work on site" regardless whether they are intrusive or not..

BBC, if you need someone, contact me..

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Almond Morgan Bay building work

Hi teach81

We get married the day before at 4:00pm.

We have choosen the wedding gazeebo as having read other threads it would seem that the area on the beach is not very private.

I knew about the renovations before Virgin told me as my friend works for Almond. I did phone Virgin who told me that they were advising clients in date departure order!!

Funny way of doing it I thought. I have worked for many tour operators in my time and we always used to send out standard letters to all clients concerned immediately we knew of the any work going on. It was easier that way cos we had time to shift people into different hotels if necessary.

Dont know why Virgin chose to do it this way.

We have a large party like you do travelling out with us and I was concerned that all these people were paying huge amounts of money for our benefit and I didnt want them having a lousy time due to building work.

However I truly believe that by the time we get out there most of the works will be done. They are on a deadline to get the works completed for the cricket and for the guests already booked in to these new rooms.

I cant comment about the CSL clients as I dont know how many of them will have been moved to Almond but how bad can they really be? They are not going to be the dregs of society and even the most affluent of people can have the manners of dogs and be loud and unrully!! LOL

I am just trying to chill and not let it worry me. I have got too many other things to worry about at the moment like trying to find a high heeled pair of shoes that means my dress will not need to be shortened and ones that arnt so high, I will fall flat on my back!!

If you have any more concerns you can email me

suzettelightning@hotmail.com

Wales
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Almond Morgan Bay building work

Hey FloozySuzy,

I don't know what sort of shoes you're looking for but I'm getting hitched at CBR in Sept and have settled on a pair of Sketchers Trainers, I know it sounds daft but they're white platform trainers and my dress is long enough that they can't be seen. I'm gonna get some blue laces (something Blue) and because they're comfy trainers there's no chance of me falling over!!

Rhi