We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel similar to Ti Kaye

Nashville
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel similar to Ti Kaye

We are planning our anniversary trip. We love to try somewhere new each year. We went to Ti Kaye last year and absolutely loved it. We loved how unique it was, the quaintness, detail in service, and the food was fantastic. We like to go to new islands since we are scuba divers and love to dive new sites. Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions. I know Ti Kaye is unique, we would just like to find something that is unique, and relaxing. Thanks for your help! M & S

Westcliff-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
185 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel similar to Ti Kaye

Try "Little Arches" in Barbados.

We went there last year, and are thinking of going to Ti Kaye, as it seems to be the same type of small Boutique affair, with fantastic service and food, and the diving is supposed to be good.

(Although Barbados doesn't have the same "Rainforest" look.)

So we're trying to do what your doing, but in reverse.

Check out my review of Little Arches on the Barbados TA site,

I'm trying to decide which room to book, whether to go for the plunge pool or not, any thoughts ??

Nashville
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel similar to Ti Kaye

Bunny MAn, Thanks for your help. My luggage got lost in Barbados...not a great expereince at that airport, but I can't blame the whole island for the incompentency of the airport. At Ti Kaye, you really can't get a bad room. All have ocean view and they are all close together. Our room was on top of the hill, one of the highest ones and we felt more remote. We didn't have a plunge pool but didn't seem to miss it. It may depend when you go, we went in March and it was great weather, not too hot. We are divers so we were diving every day or on an excursion. If you will be at the room more, you may want the pool. The regular pool is not very crowded and isn't far from most of the cottages.

Our room was JJ. I also hear that N is the best cottage. I hope you love Ti Kaye as much as we did!

Chapel Hill NC
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel similar to Ti Kaye

My husband and I went to Ti Kaye on our honeymoon and loved every minute of it. We are also looking for a similar resort in the caribbean for this year's vacation.

A suggestion for Ti Kaye. . . get the plunge pool. We used it every day. It was great to slip into the pool early in the morning as well as in the evening to watch the boats go by. The main pool isn't crowded but our plunge pool had better views and was lighted for night swims, the main pool is not.

I know you will have a great time!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel similar to Ti Kaye

Here's a thought.....

If you aren't completely sold on the resort idea. Have you considered (since you are divers) renting a villa in either St. John in the USVI's or the BVI's? Both have excellent diving & snorkeling. We are going to be doing exactly that, for our 1st anniversary in June, and there are some that are pretty affordable actually. There are many honeymooners and couples celebrating anniversaries that rent villas.

If not completely sold on the villa idea.....I would take a peak into Caneel Bay Resort in St. John USV I. However, it IS considerably more pricey than TiKaye.

5. Re: Hotel similar to Ti Kaye

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 18:16
Get answers to your questions about Soufriere