We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping for fake/designer handbags in st. maarten

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
shopping for fake/designer handbags in st. maarten

i will be going to st.maarten towards the end of march and love designer handbags. i was wondering if anyone knew if this island sold any and if so where to find them and how much. thx

Moncton, NB
Level Contributor
495 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shopping for fake/designer handbags in st. maarten

There are all kinds in Philipsburg....depending on the make you're looking for they run between $20-60 USD

Owings Mills...
Level Contributor
870 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shopping for fake/designer handbags in st. maarten

I'm confused, do you love the designers or the fake?? I know there is a coach store on Front Street and I know you wont get a bag for $60 maybe a wristlet but not a handbag. I hear the fakes are on Front Street. If you going to buy a fake take a trip to NYC - Canal Street you'll think you've died and gone to replica heaven!

Owings Mills...
Level Contributor
870 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shopping for fake/designer handbags in st. maarten

Correction, I hear the fakes are on Back Street, although I have seen some in souvenir shops on Front, so I guess that means they are on both.

Jessheim, Norway
Level Contributor
48 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shopping for fake/designer handbags in st. maarten

The fake ones are on both Back Street and Front Street. The two only designer-shops for handbags is the Coach store next to Little Switzerland in Front street, and another one on the left hand side (when walking in direction Great Bay Beach Hotel a little further up which sells Guess, Mulberry and Prada.

Jessheim, Norway
Level Contributor
48 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shopping for fake/designer handbags in st. maarten

The fake ones are on both Back Street and Front Street. The two only designer-shops for handbags is the Coach store next to Little Switzerland in Front street, and another one on the left hand side (when walking in direction Great Bay Beach Hotel a little further up which sells Guess, Mulberry and Prada.

Italy
Level Contributor
100 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shopping for fake/designer handbags in st. maarten

There is also a Furla store on Front Street that has great Italian handbags..

Orange County...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: shopping for fake/designer handbags in st. maarten

I was in St. Maarten last summer.. I was waiting for our tour bus.. I wish I knew exactly where it was at.. but you could see the cruise boat from across the water... there was what looked like a flea market. They had tables full of purses.. my dear look carefully some are fakes but some are real.. The bag I got was authentic.. I didn't bother looking in it till I got home. It has the correct markings.. the ID number the details that is coach. I took it to the Coach store in Mission Viejo CA and they told me it was authentic.

Soo please take a good look at the insides and out when you go. You may get lucky.. I wish now I would of known and gotten more!