We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Resturant in Grand Case..."Spicy"

Italy
Level Contributor
101 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
New Resturant in Grand Case..."Spicy"

For anyone that is going to SXM and wants to try a new restaurant I would suggest Spicy. They have been open since November of 2006 and the couple that owns it, Sophie and Olivier are great hosts. The food is excellent and they have a wonderful choice of wines. They have had restaurants in Belgium and South Beach , Florida and this was by far the best restaurant we tried during our trip. We went to Le Pressoir, Spiga (gone down hill since last year in my opinion), California, Le Cottage, & L'Escapade, and Spicy for sure was number one !

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,743 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Resturant in Grand Case..."Spicy"

where is Spicy located?

London, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Resturant in Grand Case..."Spicy"

Spicy is the first restaurant on the left past the bridge as you head in to town from Grand Case Beach Club. Right next to Brasserie des Iles and across from the mini-mart.

I have not tried it, but I will when I return next week, based on this recommendation!

Michael

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,743 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Resturant in Grand Case..."Spicy"

fabulous - thanks - great to know it is walking distance to GCBC!!!

Have a great trip!

Wendi

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,450 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Resturant in Grand Case..."Spicy"

Trilly - did you just return? How was the rest of your trip?

Piedmont, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Resturant in Grand Case..."Spicy"

Trilly, how were the prices?

Italy
Level Contributor
101 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Resturant in Grand Case..."Spicy"

Yes, I just got back from a 15 day trip and it was fantastic ! The weather was great, and the island did have some changes from the last time we went 9 months ago.

I found the Westin to be a horrible mass of cement stuck on the beach.. Very sad to see beautiful Dawn Beach ruined.. On the other hand we found the Maho area even with the new airport, to be very well maintained. There is traffic as usual but the new airport did not seem to add to this problem. We were impressed with the airport and the cute shops added to it.

We went to Philipsburg during the Carnival and it was very exciting ! I would suggest this for next April/May as the costumes were similar to the ones in Rio and really a lot of fun.

Went also to Pinel and saw the new restaurant they are building and should be open in June. Less chairs on the beach, but after 11 a.m. it is hard to find a place to sit, so get there early. We got in on the first boat and were able to pick a good spot. Ate also at Karabuni and the food and service was good. Not to mention the waiters are all really darling... All of the people were so friendly and we really had a great time.

No problem with security, as there was never an issue for us. Felt very safe, even if we rarely stayed out after 11 p.m...

Marigot has several shops that had closed from the last time, and this is problem due to the Euro. We did buy in Marigot at the Lacoste shop, and Lancel in the West Indies Mall as the prices were better than in Europe.

Makeup /perfume is 30% less than prices paid in the US and Europe as my sister coming from the USA stocked up for the year. We found the Perfume Palace in Philipsburg had the best prices. Sunglass also better priced on the Dutch side,and 20 % less than at home.

If you have any questions, please ask as there is so much to say and don't want to take up room for someone else that needs to write.. We will be back at the end of July for another 30 days... Ciao..

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,450 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Resturant in Grand Case..."Spicy"

Sounds like a wonderful trip. Thanks!

pbz
Chicago
Level Contributor
436 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Resturant in Grand Case..."Spicy"

Since we're touting restaurants in GC I must mention L'Auberge Gourmande. We ate at at least 5-6 restaurants in GC and L'Auberge Gourmande was the most perfect of all.

We found California went downhill since our last visit. Understand they have new management.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: New Resturant in Grand Case..."Spicy"

We just returned from St. Martin and we ate at Spicy our first night on the island. I wouldn't say that the food is the best in Grand Case, but it is not a bad choice by any means. Their french fries were outstanding. And the owner is extremely nice so I hope they do well.

Level Contributor
14 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Resturant in Grand Case..."Spicy"

I just wanted to say that in August (2007) Spicy was one of the best experiences that my friend and I have had in St. MArtin. I have been coming for years and have tried many of the local etsablishments and Spicy is in the Top Five. Sophie and Olivier are wonderful!! In fact, I found this post looking for their number so that I could set up special reservations for a friend. I recommend Spicy, L'Auberge, Sunset Cafe and Pressior. Sol y Luna is also a great choice although it is out of the village. I can't wait for our next visit to SXM in August 2008. Give ST. Martin and try and if you can... try to get into Grand Case Beach CLub. It has become so popular that trying to get reservations may be tough but it is worth it. Steve Wright, the manager, and his staff are accomodating and go above and beyond to make sure that your experience is wonderful! Have Fun!