We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oyster Bay Beach Resort

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Oyster Bay Beach Resort

For anyone who's stayed at the resort, which area of the resort would you recommend for room choice. We're doing a timeshare exchange.

The front desk tells us that they assign a room on arrival.

Any suggestions?

Arizona
Level Contributor
116 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oyster Bay Beach Resort

We had a bayside room on the first floor. Very nice view and it was quiet. I think you might want to avoid the wing where Beau Beau's is as it can be noisy.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oyster Bay Beach Resort

Thanks Yigael

Has anyone ever stayed in a room facing the marina? If so, how was it?

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
201 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oyster Bay Beach Resort

I also have a question concerning Oyster Bay Beach Resort. Is the beach nice? Some pictures I have seen it looks great. Others show a big drop off in the sand after the chair line. Which is current?

Thanks.

virginia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Oyster Bay Beach Resort

Hello,

I have gone to St. Martin six times, and I must say it is my favorite Island. I stayed at OBR on the marina side last year, in a 2 BR. It was very nice and quite, but I did want to be on the ocean side, which I have in the past. To answer another message, the OBR beach, Dawn Beach is one of my favorites. I am thinking that the drop off pictures of the water and the sand is at the very end, where there is no beach, just large rocks. Facing the hotel the beach is at the far right of the hotel, so you enter the beach to the right side of the hotel which is where Beau Beau's is located. For car rentals, if you are going off season, you can pick up a rental when you walk out of the airport, but I have not been to the new airport, if it is open. Best Deals has given us a rate of $22, for the last five years, and the cars were all in excellent condition. We rented from Budget 2 years ago, and the car was old, would not go up the steep hills of SXM, had bald tires, which in the morning went flat and then the next morning was stolen. Budget received $5,500 for a car that was worth maybe a $1,000, I will never use them again on this island. I have also used Budget on St. Thomas, which are franchised, and I will not use them again on that island. Hope you all find this helpful. I will be visiting again in July and I can't wait.

Arizona
Level Contributor
116 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oyster Bay Beach Resort

We were there the beginning of May and I was disappointed in the beach. The biggest problem was there was a lot of seaweed, which I did not see at other beaches. I do not know if that is a seasonal thing though. The beach itself is relatively small as well. Orient Beacj is just about a ten minute drive and thats where we ended up going on our beach days.

6. Re: Oyster Bay Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about St. Maarten-St. Martin