We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Anguilla or St. Barts?

Houston, Texas
2 posts
Save Topic
Day trip to Anguilla or St. Barts?

We are spending a week in St. Martin in a few weeks. What would be a better day trip, Anguilla or St. Barts?

Thanks

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Anguilla or St. Barts?

We loved Anguilla. Quick ferry ride over and beautiful beaches. St Barts cost more, its a rough longer ferry.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,743 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Anguilla or St. Barts?

Longhorn - it depends on what you are looking for in a day trip. If you are looking for stunning beaches - go with Abnguilla. The ferry from amrigot is less than 30 minutes and quite inexpensive.

I haven't been to St barts - so I really can't comment, but I have heard it is beautiful and pricey.

ATLANTA
Level Contributor
844 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Anguilla or St. Barts?

My wife and I went to St Barts on a previous trip to SXM and went on a hydrofoil-type boat from Simpson Bay and it wasn't very rough. Choppy, but not rough and 35 to 40 minutes. We rented a car (just across the street from where the boat docks) and drove around the island. After you leave Gustavia you can't see many beaches unless you visit one of the resorts. We had a 3 hour lunch (and drinks) that we'll never forget at Lafayette Restaurant. It was very expensive but worth it to us. There are tables right on the beach and you can see people doing water sports. In fact we enjoyed it so much, we wouldn't go back because it would probably be anti-climatic. We're leaving Sunday for SXM and this trip we're going to Anguilla for a day trip. St Barts is hilly and I understand Anguilla is flat. If you go to St Barts, be sure and go by the airport and check out how the planes have to almost dive to land. If you go to Anguilla, I'd leave from Marigot unless you want to see some of the island from the water--- then leave from Simpson Bay.

Kent

Marathon, Fl
Destination Expert
for Marathon
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Anguilla or St. Barts?

I was recently in St. Martin and went to both islands. We took a day sail with Aqua Mania to Anguilla where we snorkled and had lunch on the beach. We did not get to see much of Anguilla but it was a very nice way to spend a day.

We went to St. Barts on the Rapid Express, again with Aqua Mania, and took a taxi tour around the island. Found a beach in St. Jean and spent the day there. If you go to St. Barts, take euros. Don't know if you are a Jimmy Buffet fan, but the harbor you go into is from the song One Particular Harbor. Also, the song Cheeseburger in Paridise originated from a little place close to the harbor.

If you have to pick just one island to visit, flip a coin cause you will have fun on either!

5. Re: Day trip to Anguilla or St. Barts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 10:26