We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Sucriere pastry question?

Missouri
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Topic
Le Sucriere pastry question?

Just back from St. Maarten and after two weeks of eating breakfast at Le Sucriere (the little French bakery next to FedEx) every morning, I wonder if anyone knows or could find out the cheese used in the ham and cheese croissant? I meant to ask on numerous occasions but I just forgot. I fell in love with this little treat and any help would be appreciated.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,145 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Sucriere pastry question?

Aren't they just the most scrumptious thing you ever tasted? I really don't know the cheese, but it's probably some wonderful French or Dutch cheese.

My second favorite breakfast, after saltfish and johnnycakes from Hilmas!

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
98 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Sucriere pastry question?

I third that motion. Those ham and cheese croissants are wonderful! I would also like to know the type of cheese- gruyere, maybe?

Tell you what- we're probably going back in November (and we're taking my in-laws this time). I'll find out for you. Even if someone else responds before then, I'll still do some serious research, probably around 7:30 or 8:00 every morning we're there. I'll publish the results of my highly UNscientific study here.

By the way, SXMLover, I hold you entirely responsible for our return trip to SXM. We have NO CHOICE but to return and investigate more of the restaurants and activities you've suggested on this forum. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it ; )

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,145 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Sucriere pastry question?

TEX - welcome to the club! It happens to some of us, and there's no going back now!

We'll beat you back by a month (3rd rip this year!), but guaranteed I will forget to ask about the cheese too!

London, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Sucriere pastry question?

I should be down again in the next couple of weeks. Le Sucriere is right next door to the offices I work out of when down there, so I'll let you know!

Michael

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,145 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Sucriere pastry question?

Ahh, Michael. Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Le Sucriere pastry question?

This is a pressing concern for us all. I'm glad to be able to help with such delicate international matters.

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Le Sucriere pastry question?

Well am guessing since i've not been there yet, but in France its normally a mild goats or cows milk cheese like young brie or chevre, or sometimes a fromage frais.

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Le Sucriere pastry question?

also happy to do research tho! Will be there 1st two weeks in Sept, Petit dejeuner is on you!

Missouri
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Le Sucriere pastry question?

Wow! I am very pleased with all of the responses. Thank you to everyone and I look forward to an answer soon.

Missouri
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Le Sucriere pastry question?

Has anyone been lately?